1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

MUST have a non stick deck!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Agape, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

OK, after trying various things, including a $8 can of graphite spray from the john deere dealership(have not found fluid film in my area yet), a small engine mechanic buddy of mine suggested waxing the bottom of the deck with carnuba wax, so I pressure washed the decks of my hondas and waxed the bottoms of the decks with turtle wax, we'll see how it goes.....
  2. rwreuter

rwreuter LawnSite Member

hmm, interesting idea
  3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Fluid film is probably your best option. You can order it online from a couple sponsors who advertise on this site.
  4. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

John Deere is a fluid film dealer. If they dont have it, they can get it.
  5. Agape

actually, they had it but the guy said it didn't work for that, and sold me the graphite spray, but if you guys say it works, i'll get it.

I slathered the turtle wax on and rubbed it in good, then hit it lightly with the pressure washer. It beaded off nicely so we'll see.:confused:
  6. Agape

I just sold my exmark and my old honda commercial so both my HRC's are a month off the showroom floor or less so I went ahead and cleaned the tops as well and waxed the tin and the top of the decks as well. ( puuurdy!) and the water beads nicely off it too and it's slick to touch, so I need some more rain??:laugh::nono:
  7. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

fluid film doesn't do crap under the deck!
  8. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Funny I was looking for a place to buy some fluid film as I ran across this thread LOL I saw mowpart.com sales it but it cost $11 to ship it that's more than the can itself LOL.
  9. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

After 13 years in this business I haven't found anything that works under the deck.

Nothing at all! A lot of products with a lot of empty promises out there and trust me nothing works as its said too.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Turtle wax....nooooooooooooooo....that's going to slow you wayyyyy down!