mustang track loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by dubb, Mar 13, 2010.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

thats a nice bucket on it though! looks heavy duty. i bent the snot outa my bucket. just took it to the fab shop fri actually.

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I could have been a little more PC in retrospect.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

very nice machine! i hope to upgrade to a MTL16 this year.
    i love my lil MUstang 2044

4. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

WOW, nice machine. 5-6 years back i ran one for a week or so when they first came out. The 25 is a big machine for sure!!
    For the work i do i thought the 25 was a little too big.

Oh and PLEASE buy a new trailer with REAL chains. I dont think id pull lawn mowers with that thing. Your going to kill someone ! :cry::cry:

5. dubb

dubb LawnSite Member

yes, i know i need another trailer. hopefully i will be buying a 7ton gooseneck in the next week or so. thats the only trailer i had and i use it to pull my kubota backhoe around on. I ended up giving 28k for the machine with the bucket and forks. all the takkis and some more mustangs i looked at were all priced alot higher than this with alot more hours.

6. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

seems fair

7. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I'm too nice but I'm glad someone said something. Some guys may or may not understand. I've seen people with a 9k skid and attachments on a trailer rated for 7k and it could be dangerous. So, mentioning it is a good thing in the long run. :drinkup:

8. dubb

dubb LawnSite Member

my trailer is rated for 10k. even though the machine weighs a little more, especially with the big bucket, the trailer still pulled just fine. i know the trailer is way to small for the machine and i was a little leary of pulling the machine with this trailer, but this was a spur of the moment buy. I will have a gooseneck sometime next week or so. cant wait!!!

9. treemover

treemover LawnSite Senior Member

doubtful that is a 10k trailer. That thing would make a dot officer lick his lips!

10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Those look like 5 bolt wheels. That makes them 3500# axles. Gross is 7000 then.
    Nice machine. It is a Takki/Mustang/Gehl. All made by Takki.
    I operated a Gehl version last year a few times. Really liked it.