1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My $.02, Not Ment To Offend

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CTB, Apr 9, 2003.

1. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

That's the good stuff.

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Flex-deck said:

beating on what they have had for the last 10 years and down grading other mower companies other than the brand they run (a lot of post degrade equipment even though the poster has never been on that equipment)

I don't mean to sound like a complainer, but I've come very close to not reading or responding here for this very reason. This really irrates me, my mower is better then yours, but jez they have basically the same parts. Go figure.

oh good post keep it up:) :)
  3. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto on everyone elses comments here..... great post.... I have learned so much from LS and I try to respond where I feel I can help........ But being new.... Most people here have much more experience than myself..... I try to "know my place".......

Welcome, CTB, and I look forward to your posts here at LS!

4. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is some negative feedback.

You are lowballing! Your "two cents" was worth at least a dollar;)
  5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

While passing out fliers one day, and talking to a good ol' boy in overalls, mowing a lawn in the neighborhood, who asked me, "How much would you bid that yard at, " I asked him, (again), "How much are you paying for liability insurance" I asked you first, I insisted, and couldn't get a answer from him.
    PS I did not flyer "his" lawn, only unmowed yards in the neighborhood.
  6. Bluegrass Lawn Service

Bluegrass Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Good post CTB. What we all need is how to run our business better and more effecient. Not spend time complaining about what the other guy is doing or not doing. I believe there's a bunch of people on this site that can help. Once we get past the ME part.
  7. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

I'm all for you brother,Well stated,Welcome Aboard
  8. cvzimm2

cvzimm2 LawnSite Member

CTB Excellent and refreshing post! I'm not sure if it has been a result of the winter blues coupled with a lot of down time or what, but hopefully everyone will be too busy to waste a bunch of energy bickering about nonsense in short order. Welcome aboard!
  9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Good post. I myself occasionally get caught up in some of those threads where nothing good is coming from them, and my post doesn't add anything positive or helpful to it.
    I could probably benefit from taking a deep breath before I start typing sometimes.
    Thanks for reminding us.

P.S. What part of PA are ya from?
  10. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Great post CTB. It's people like you that make this forum what it should be. :cool: