My 06 Silverado AirLifted w/strobes

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Triple L, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

Hay guys, had a few extra minutes here and thought id post some pics of my weekend project I took on. Put on an AirLift suspension out back as well as wired up some lights hidden in the grill. Air Ride kit is just awsome, thing rides like a caddy! Plus I got a 2" lift out of it. Stance is perfect in my opinion. A little background on my truck; 06 Silverado... Bought this truck almost 2 years ago and heres what iv added 2 it so far...
    - 8' Arctic Poly Plow HD series
    - DownEaster Dump insert w/ DownEaster Tailgate salt shaker
    - Homemade tarp mount... Made from a winch works great
    - AirLift Airbags in the rear
    - Blue hidden strobes in the grill w/ blue beacon on the insert
    - BFG All Terrain T/A's
    - Timbrens SES Suspension enhancers front & back
    - Chrome wheels
    - 18000 lbs. Tranny Cooler
    - Trans Temp Guage
    - Dual 1000 cca Batteries
    - 12000 lbs. Hitch
    - Digital Brake controller

On the list for next year.... Pioneer 7" LCD DVD navigation, Rear reverse camera, Cherry Bomb exhaust, Eyebrows for the headlights and possible a little more radical cam (really let this motor rip)...
    O ya, Did I mention im only 18 and iv paid for every single thing on this truck out of my own pocket plus the truck itsself.. Im pretty dam proud of this truck, let me know what u guys think

Picture 045ls.jpg

Picture 047ls.jpg

Picture 046ls.jpg

Picture 034ls.jpg
  2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

very nice truck
  4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Is that a 1500 or 2500hd?
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

looks like a half ton to me....looks pretty nice though!
  6. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

It has 6 lugs, so it has to be a half-ton, Probly a 1500HD maby
  7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I was wondering about the 1500/2500 too. I thought it was a 1500. I love the tires I'd like to get a set of those for mine. Looks pretty sweet! What size engine do you got in it?
  8. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah thats a always a good way to tell.

What about the heavy half ton pickups? 8 lugs. Or the older light duty gm pickups? 1988 to 1995, 6 lug.

Real good way to tell.
  9. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

Hay guys, an update on the air-ride suspension... Lovin it. Pulled around my 16' trailer all day today loaded with 2 riders and an ton of other stuff, about 5000 lbs total.. Rode like a caddy still! On the way up to some of my properties theres some mean train tracks, usually have to do about 5 km/h over them orelse i'll have a compressed spine.... Ripped over them at about 25 km/h today and ya sure you noticed them but it felt like I went over slight speed hump at best. A little bit more body roll then with just the timbrens on but well worth it and even the body roll is minimal to say the least. Highly recommend air-lift kits... By the way its a half ton, I know all you guys are gonna bash me but Its honestly pretty much a 3/4 tonne now with all the suspension upgrades, plus the fram is boxed from the rear axle forward. I dont have any worries about breakin stuff on this truck at all. And shes got the 4.3 in it.. Dam quick tho for a 4.3!!! same motor as a v-8 except 2 cylinders have been cut off.. A serious engine builder by my house says I can put a cam with a 1/2" more of lift in it which he has done to his 4.3 and he's pullin 300 HP on the dyno. No joke! So thats still in the back of my head..

Thanks for all the replys guys!
  10. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I got a half ton but my next truck will be 3/4 ton! Don't no if I would have got the v6 but thats cool Im glad Your happy with your chevy!:weightlifter: I have been thinking about getting the timbrens for mine, I heard they are pretty good.