1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My 10 day forecast

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Jul 01 T-Storms 78°/67°
    Jul 02 Heavy T-Storms 76°/69°
    Jul 03 Scattered T-Storms 81°/69°
    Jul 04 Isolated T-Storms 86°/69°
    Jul 05 Isolated T-Storms 91°/70°
    Jul 06 Scattered T-Storms 91°/69°
    Jul 07 Isolated T-Storms 94°/68°
    Jul 08 T-Storms 87°/67°
    Jul 09 Scattered T-Storms 85°/67°
    Jul 10 T-Storms 84°/66°

Anyone else have a similar forecast? I'm sick of rain!!! It's like this year is exact opposite from last year. Last year was severe drought. This year we've had about as many sunny days as we had days o rain last year. Why only one extreme or the other?

2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Dealing with rain is a lot better then dealing with a drought any day of the week. Just get a little wet and enjoy making money rather then waiting on the grass to grow.

3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

It's not the thunderstorms that get ya...it's the full days of rain. Looks like we have broken the pattern here in the northeast. I'll take scattered thunderstorms anyday.
  4. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

put down the ironite.These lawns in NC are going to be green till Christmas.Envy we are sooo far behind.At least it isn't a drought.
  5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Jul 01 Mostly Sunny 90°/66° 0 %
    Jul 02 Sunny 91°/68° 0 %
    Jul 03 Sunny 90°/71° 0 %
    Jul 04 Sunny 94°/71° 10 %
    Jul 05 Partly Cloudy 92°/71° 10 %
    Jul 06 Mostly Sunny 96°/69° 10 %
    Jul 07 Partly Cloudy 97°/68° 10 %
    Jul 08 Scattered T-Storms 87°/66° 50 %
    Jul 09 Light Rain 91°/68° 60 %
    Jul 10 Mostly Sunny 91°/67° 0 %

6. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

The weather here is so unpredictable I literally do not pay any attention whatsoever to the forecast. I get up, put my head out the door and go from there.
  7. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

that looks kinda like my forcast here in atlanta. i have quite a workload and the first weather break were gonna get is on the forth of july. i've been debating weather or not to mow on a holiday out of consideration for the customers but some will probably be irritated if i dont take advantage of the break and do their yards, you know how that goes, with some your damned if you do- others your damned if you dont. for the most part though i'm not gonna fight the rain i'm just gonna chill till the sun comes back and mow non-stop till i'm caught up. i sure hate this weeks schedule running into next weeks but it's starting to look that way. :( :D :cool:
  8. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

I sure could go for some rain here, it's just hot, hot and more hot here. Those greens just soak that water I put on em, and then want more. I been bustin' my tail to keep em lookin' good. Be nice to have a day off.....tommorrow is my 10th day to work in a row, looks like I'mma have to make a full 2 weeks to get a day off, but overtime pay sure is nice.

9. j_loppy

j_loppy LawnSite Member

I'm not far from Envy- CLT area, but I do agree with Gravely man...
  10. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Same here in North GA. Much better than drought though.