1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My 15 Minute Flyer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TheTurfTender, Mar 13, 2008.

1. TheTurfTender

TheTurfTender LawnSite Member
    from Mn

I am going to print off about 20 of these. But, before I waste my blue ink cartridge, see any flaws or have any recomendations?

Bus Brocure.jpg
  2. Simplecut20

Simplecut20 LawnSite Member

Yea, I belive it would be cheaper to go to kinkos or something instead of using 1 $25.00 ink cartridge.
  3. TheTurfTender

from Mn

You know how much that white text box saved me? :)
  4. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

In the last paragraph you wrote "weather". It should read "whether".

Also, you might want to think about printing black ink on blue paper. You're gonna kill yourself on the blue ink cartridges.
  5. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

"Our line of services include, but are not limited too" ??

Ahh, since I used to live in Maple Plain, MN ... just helping you out... ah, that would be TO this is not an also situation here!! :hammerhead: J/K
  6. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

plus so much ink will make the paper wet, unless its a lazer printer
  7. TheTurfTender

from Mn

Awesome. Made those corrections. Thanks, of course the SC does not pick that stuff up!!

Thanks. I am printing on #100 stock so the paper isn't bad. I am just going to give to local businesses, so I only need a few.
  8. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

The guys here did a good job of spotting some of the little errors.

1. In my opinion, emphasizing price as a selling point is not the way to go. It's a common beginner mistake. I consider it your *number 1* error in this piece.

2. Does this piece accurately represent your business? Who is "we" ?

3. The opening paragraph has some flashy buzz words that hurts the piece, in my opinion.

providing property solutions...

we specialize in cost-effective remedies...

It's just my opinion, but from my point of view - the way my brain works - I like a clear, direct, concise explanation of who you are and what you offer and the slightest whiff of bullsh*t will turn me off and I'll absolutely think less of you. (I'm a tough customer :)

4. I do like that you have irrigation expertise. That's impressive. If you could mention any certifications you have related to that, it would strengthen credibility.

5. I like that you included a "call to action" message. Good job.

6. Your slogan is that you are a cut above the rest. What makes you above the competition? What is your distinct advantage that sets you apart? Are they just shallow words? Does it represent your commitment to quality? Is it what your other customers say about you? You list services offered and highlight affordable pricing. I'm wondering if there are words you could come up with that sells your story better - about who you are, what you offer and can do for people - while not deleting the reason to call you now.

7. I like the business name.

8. "Weekly Lawn Service" section: add an "s" to "clipping"

That's pretty good for 15 minutes of work. I bet you can do even better with a version 2.
  9. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

I will be AMAZED if you pass out only 20 and get any return. Also printing these out with your color printer is the most expensive way you can print. Got to Kinkos or Office Depot and print color there. You'll save a ton of coin.
  10. TheTurfTender

from Mn

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I just left the investment business, and I can get enough BUZZ words :) Your right though, it does tend to give off an unpleasent order when your description is wishy washy! I'm a rook, so I'm just trying to get in the door! We is comprised of myself, a few friends (*ICI Certif'd) that are helping out on different days of the week, and a great group of subs that will operate under my name.

I love what you are saying in your 6th point, I just need to condense it and find an applicable place to put it. I don't want the font to be any smaller.

The "s" has been added!

ICE, I'm targeting 16 specific businesses tomorrow just to practice getting in front of people and selling them on improving their properties. Additionally, they are all within 5 minutes of my house!!