my 1st drawing was liked, so check out my 2nd.....

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by chunkitron3030, Apr 13, 2007.

1. chunkitron3030

chunkitron3030 LawnSite Member

well, everyone seemed to like my style of laying things out for my customers... and whereas i am still new to all of this, i took a lot of peoples advice and hopefully will get some more from doing this one. i have a couple minor things with this one i am not completely happy with, but time permits me having to be done with it tomorrow so not enough time to start over. anyways, rate or hate this one, i really enjoy getting all the constructive criticism and positive comments both. makes me really appreciate my new job more.

i will prolly color the house in the morning, so NM that unless you think to keep it white. also, i still need to list all the plants. i took a few shots before i colored everything and added all the stuff in i needed....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!!:hammerhead: :cry:

2. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Your perspective seems a little skewed, and a lot of your plant material looks very flat- almost like cardboard cutouts. I think you're showing more detail in your perspective drawings than you really need to- if you were a little looser and showed massing and colors instead of trying to make a whatever look like a whatever, you'd be a little happier with the result. I'll try and find something to scan today to show you what I mean.

What are you using for coloring? Are you doing this for every client? Do you need to?

Dave

3. chunkitron3030

well beings i am still new, i am still in the process of getting materials i need to make the things look good. right now i am only using a pencil, sharpie, and some prismacolor markers. i am getting some good colored pencils this weekend, so that should really help out on detail.

4. PaperCutter

It looks like you're coloring in more than one direction. With art markers, you'll get better results if you pick one direction and stay with it. Also, for your plan view draw your plants in light pencil with your circle template then do your linework over top of that. It'll look better.

5. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I think its the markers going every which way that's ruining it for me.
    But-- your lines are alot better, maybe alittle too dark.
    I actually like the black and white better than the colored.
    The colored pencils will help alot.
    Keep up the good work.

6. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

Don't sign your name like your an artist it looks cheesey.

Don't put so much detail into the windows of the house and concentrate more on the plantings.

7. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Look at a sketch I put together.......be more "free" with you plant shapes. I call this a sketch, not a drawing, as time is no longer available for proper shading and shadows etc......unless the $ is right. We're installing this now.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=178585

8. Scottscape

Scottscape LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

looks good man, thats alot of time to put into. Don't let these guys fool you, they can't do it any better or won't put that much time into it. Good job

9. PaperCutter

Yeah, you're absolutely right- I based my advice on what I've read on Yahoo Answers. Whatever, buddy.

Here's what I mean about the markers and using actual circles as the base (scroll down to my post):

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=176158&page=8

10. chunkitron3030

i think i see what your saying, now do you free hand those with the marker directly, or how do you perform the process? let me know!