My 1st year and Goals for next

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Poncho25, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Well all its been a good year to start, even though I started in July which was kind of late I did ok.

21 residential clients (yearly)

$27k before taxes and the rest :)

Goal for next season:
    add another 20 or so residetial accounts
    and try for 1 or 2 Commerical.

Thanks everyone for the help they gave to me when I 1st started and continue to give when I have questions. This 1st year was pretty nice to me, and next year I will double my client base maybe more!

:drinkup: :drinkup:
  2. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

:cool: way to go
    good luck next year but i would try for 30 + next year
  3. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

That's great. Try not to get more than you can handle though. Remember to focus on quality for the first few years to get your name out. The numbers will take care of themselves. Goodluck in 07.
  4. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

If your going to add 20 or so more next year you my want to add hirer a helper to tha list. good luck in 07!!
  5. Poncho25

yeah, i been thinking that, but will hire as I get the work....I have no idea how to even look for help. I figure once i get over 30 something yards adding someone even if its part time work, will keep my days nice and short and allow me to get more work as getting a house completed will be alot faster.
  6. kentuckylawns

kentuckylawns LawnSite Member

any advice on how you picked up those 21 residential clients? I need all the help and advice i can get!
  7. Poncho25

I did door hangers to start, the rest came from word of mouth. And I created a webpage and listed it on line so when people do a search they will see me.
  8. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome job poncho haven't seen ya in a while, now I see why all that work ya got great 1st year hoping my 07 start will be as successful.
  9. GardenDoorNW

GardenDoorNW LawnSite Member

What kind of response did you get on the door hangers?
    How many did you put out to get that response
  10. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Know that most guys will want full time work. If you have 30 yards, you will hire the guy and need 60 the next day,1st guy is the hardest to hire.
    If you are working now, hire two guys, one to replace you and a helper. Helper is cheap, spend your time building the business, Fill that truck and than you work #2 till you can replace you again.