My 2 cycle leaks oil

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A1 Lawn@Landscapes, Jul 15, 2002.

1. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

:confused: I bought a husqvarna 322l 3 weeks ago. It always smoked a little but ran great. I now have black oil leaking out of the mufler and it runs terrible. I have used husqvarna oil mixed as directed and have made no adjustments to it. Anything I can do to avoid a costly(timewise) trip to the dealer?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds like you have a plugged exhaust screen.
    Take off the screen, and it should run like a champ.

Later
    Pj

3. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Usually after a short break-in on new 2 cycle equip. the first thing to go is the spark arrestor(screen).
    Does wonders for power.

4. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

I removed the screen at the exit port of the muffler. It was loaded with oil. This is a safety item that could actually cause a fire. It is like I added a few cc's to the engine. Again thanks for saving me an hour or two at the dealer.
    Kerry

5. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

You'll need to pull off the muffler now and then to check the exhaust port. That will get a carbon build up over time also.
    (Be very careful cleaning it out):D

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i use that oil and 90 oct in 6 diff types of
    2cycle.. what i like most is never having to fool with exhaust ports,with this mix.
    if u are 50-1with the mix,kinda makes me wonder a bit.but if its running good, guess u problem is solved.
    in fact i dont ever have to do nothin but keep the airfilter clean. husq,echo,and stihl ,all oils i can recommend.

7. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: A1, be very careful with the husky oil, loaded w/ ash, which = ton of build up. since i switched to smokeless 2 stroke from J. thomas and super unleaded had not one port plug up. tony