My 2007 Prices, How Do I Compare?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by supercuts, Feb 6, 2007.

1. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

just wondering what everyone is going to be charging(rough prices/mins etc)

last year i was getting :

mulch $85/cubic yard delivered/installed
    mowing $35min- $44 average
    fall cleanups $300 average + hauling fees if required
    fall leaf pile pickups $100min, $125/load
    firewood $250/cord
    compact tractor work $80hr/$100 min

if there is an service you do and would like to add it i would love to hear it!
    obviously some are rough prices, lawn sizes vary for mowing/cleanups etc mine are for .5-2 acre lots. just wondering what everyone charges.
  2. supercuts

49 people view this, and not one of you give me any feedback?? whats the point of these postings then. somebody throw me some into here
  3. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Thats fairly close to me.

Mulch Installed at $80.00 per c/y installed.
    Mowing - $35.00 min for anything up to 7500 sq ft, then it goes up in $5.00 increments depending on the square footage.
    Cleanups and landscape maint - $60.00 per hour
  4. supercuts

thank you, finnally!

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

The feedback won't be very useful unless it's from other LCO's right near you... I mean I don't know what an 'average' lawn in your town is...5000sqft....3 acres???
  6. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Right on. I live in the Midwest and I have had people on the east coast laugh at me when I told them I had a 35 minimum. They said I charged way to much and wouldnt get away with it over there. People in California tell me Im to cheap...
  7. supercuts

spelt out for you in my orignal post, most of my lawns are from 0.5-2 acre size. obviously there will be some descrepancy due to size lawn, obsticle, state or region, im just looking for a ball park. rather the critizing my thread how about just list were you live and an approximate price. mulch is simple if you charge per cubic yard, how much do you get. thanks in advance
  8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

seems about average for around here. Mulch is a tough sell @ $85/yd unless you're using premium stuff.
  9. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I normally sell mulch for $65 or $70 per yard installed. But I suppose its all dependant on how much you are paying for the mulch.
  10. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Same around here $85.00 would never fly here we get 65.00 double ground hardwood and triple ground fine what we call black gold is 75.00 installed 25.00 min on mowing and goes up from there . We must live in a depressed area