My 21 Proline vs 36 Wright Stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by siclmn, Dec 10, 2003.

1. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

If I buy the Wright Stander will it mulch as good as the Proline? I live in the Pacific Northwest and can mulch most of my lawns even though most people don't. It will leave a mess on some lawns but it goes away in a day. If I make this purchase the dealer will be a 40 mile round trip and that is what really scares me. I just know that I really want one.

2. Nw. Shadesofgreen

Nw. Shadesofgreen LawnSite Member

I have never used one myself. But I have seen several of the large companys in Tacoma use them. Norhtwestern LandscapeRuns them out of there Fife Office, I'm not sure what they are usinf in Redmond(your Area). Tell the dealer that you want to demo it for a day. If he wants to sell it it should be no problem.
    Good Luck
    Mike
    Nw Shades of Green

3. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I believe that wright is not making a mulch kit for they're mowers yet. Otherwise I really want one to.

4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Incorrect. Bluesteel has posted that Wright Mfg. has released a fully baffled kit. How well it work, im not sure, but it is out there.

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Buy an Exmark and get 'er over with. I love my TTHP. Buy locally and get a good dealer. Don't know of any dealers near Bellevue, but I'm sure there's one around there somewhere. Good luck.

6. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

Thank you for the correction MacLawnCo.

7. energy

energy LawnSite Member

I have a 36" Stander. The machine is awesome. Never tried a Proline, dont really care about walk behinds any more. The decision to buy a Stander is that if you have a large ZTR mower and like the ability to turn, reverse and manuver, this is your obvious choice. I would not get a Stander larger than 36", otherwise stick with a ZTR rider. The machine cuts and mulches beautifully with new sharp blades. If the grass is tall, run it over twice going in a cross pattern. Cutting it twice going the opposite direction doesnt get as good as a cut as crossing. I actually notice on big lots 1/4 to 1/2 acres, i dont even lose but 5-10 minutes compared to my 54" ZTR. Take it from me, if you have small residential lawns, with gates, you will wish you bought this mower from the beginning. The only thing that sucks is the height adjustment on the deck, there is none. You have to adjust the wheel spacers or raise and lower the blades (not an option for me).