My 31hp Kawasaki Bad Boy Lightning/just got yesterday!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by retrodog, Mar 19, 2008.

1. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Here is my new mower! It has a 60" deck with a 31hp Big Block Forced-Air Kawasaki engine, and its a beast!. I got the no flats, foot assist, acs system, and of course the spoiler! This thing makes my 26hp kawa feel like a tonka toy! Bad Boy just started using this engine, and I am glad they did! Let me know what you think, I will post pics of my new trailer when it gets in this week too. If you have any questions about it just shoot.

bad boy 31hp pics 002.jpg

bad boy 31hp pics 001.jpg

bad boy 31hp pics 003.jpg

bad boy 31hp pics 004.jpg

2. retrodog

Oh, I am still putting the ACS deal on, still have a little adjusting to do.

bad boy 31hp pics 005.jpg

3. customcurbdesigns

customcurbdesigns LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

NIIIICEEE...

whats it retail for?

Are you a dealer or ?

4. retrodog

It retails for $8495 plus $79 for the no flats, $179 for the foot assist, and $199 for the ACS System. I am a dealer, but I am a LCO also. I just started selling them cause I like em so much.

5. customcurbdesigns

from Tampa

Thats cool...

I am guessing you got a sick deal then. :drinkup:

I can imagine the markup is pretty good...do you sell local only or do u ship also?

6. customcurbdesigns

from Tampa

Seems like a shitload of mower for 8495...

7. retrodog

exactly my point! I still to this day can't find a mower that can even touch a Bad Boy for the price points. Our town has 10000 people, and I started selling them in November of last year, and so far have went through 26 units! I am not kidding, everyone that has physically had me bring the mowers out let them test drive on their yards have bought one. All of the municipalities around here i.e. school districts, city offices, etc are all signing up for them. Even most of our major LCO's are either trying one in their fleets this year, or have already picked one up. I have been trying to say on here how you guys are just missing out on saving some major cash on your mowers. I have shipped a few, and have also hand delivered over quite a distance, but I know you have some dealers around your area, and would always be better off buying local.

8. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

I would like to know how that and the diesel compare after a few weeks. Id like to know the differences in power, heavy wet grass ability, fuel consumption, and maintenance. Im not sure how I feel about the spoiler though.

9. retrodog

You would be surprised about the markup, Bad Boy really doesn't have a big markup at all even though they are a factory direct company. I have some friends that sell some other brands, and the others have huge markups, that is why you here of people getting mowers for way under MSRP. You will hardly ever see a Bad Boy under the MSRP, unless its a demo or a 1 year old model, cause the company just doesn't direct their pricing that way. I have seen alot of dealers across the country charging more than the MSRP to get to the margins that they are used to with the other brands.

10. jason_2005lawnman

jason_2005lawnman LawnSite Member

looks kinda cheap built to me; put it next to scag turf tiger it wouldnt compare; and i dont think the design has been put in to them to cut through the wet grass like scag and exmark; the pumps look to small; the front castor's look a little on the small side; kinda looks like somthing yahoo-keez or something like that; in the long tough run i dont think it would hold up to everyday abuse; but that is just my 2cents worth; hope you like it;