1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My 737 beat my lazer z big time on cutting bahai.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Jul 15, 2005.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Yesterday I went to mow a one acre yard that had not been mowed in 13 days, all bahai and all over knee high. I had taken the muclh kit off the 737 and installed razor sharp medim lift blades. The exmark also had brand new blades. I started with the exmark and it left stalks, a lot of them. After having to double cut the front yard I said the heck with this. I got on the 737 and mowed and there was not one stalk missed. I will say that on short thick grass like St. Aug., centipede or bermuda the lazer z leaves an excellent "clean shaven look" and the 737 is a little more ragged looking. It just depends on what part of the country you are in what machine works best for you. I still will take a JD z-trac over anything I have used so far. Alright, all you Exmark fans, Im ready for the heat! :D
  2. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

The 7 iron deck works real good IMO also!

3. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Offtopic: Are you solo?
  4. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

I bet the yellow seat had something to do with that. LOL :cool:
  5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Nothing runs like a deere. Could you put the jd deck on the exmark? Just wondering.
  6. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Ultimate mower : SuperZ EFI with a 7 Iron !
  7. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Ultimate mower : SuperZ EFI with a 7 Iron !

Ditto, rumors of a new deck to compete coming soon.
  8. bigcutup

bigcutup LawnSite Member

I have been happy with my 737 overall, however, one problem I am having is cutting buckhorn. In this area of the world, when the weather turns hot & dry, buckhorn seems to grow better than anything else. When I cut a yard with heavy buckhorn, (most of them) I almost have to double cut to get it all. Apparently a lot of the buckhorn lays over when the deck contacts it, & then stands up again after the deck passes over it. I am using OEM high lift blades, & don't have a clue why they are not cutting clean. I slow down almost to walk behind speed, but when I think I am finished, I look back & find buckhorn stems standing over most of the yards. Could this be related to John Deeres slow blade speed? They have the slowest blade speed of all the major ZTR's I looked at. Any ideas??
  9. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, Alarsh, I am solo.
  10. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Why 2 Z's when your solo?