My 99 cents... (aimed at EPA/CARB/Tree Huggers/etc)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

These are just 3 quick published facts that puts all their crap under a microscope.

Enjoy these 3, courtesy Wal-Mart (published on the last page of this week's sales flyer)

Did you Know?

* If every Wal-Mart customer bought just one compact (concentrated) laundry detergent, we's reduce packaging was by over 50 millon pounds.

* If every Wal-Mart customer bought just one Ecomat, we'd keep 60 million passenger tires from becoming waste

(sorta trumps lawn waste huh?...)
    (Although I also believe most lawn waste doesn't belong in our landfills either)

* If every American household bought just one Energy Star qualified CFL (type of GE lightbulb) the reduction in greenhouse gasses over the life of the bulbs would be the same as taking 800,000 cars off the road.

The point of this whole thing being....

There are a LOT more important things these organizations and groups could spend their time focusing on that would make a LOT MORE IMPACT on the environment than targeting the outdoor power equipment industry and those of us that use their products.

This crap burns me to no end, knowing we are but such a tiny microscopic piece of the puzzle.

So why is it this is the target.
  2. T Total Lawncare

T Total Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from The deep south

I agree my friend.:clapping: Most liberals aren't smart enough to realize that there might be other ways to help the enviroment than trying to bash everything with a tail pipe.:hammerhead:
  3. Woodland

Woodland LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Know what crap burns me? That folks like you can't see the forest for the trees. Yes, there are lots of simple ways that EVERYONE can reduce detrimental influence on our environment including using concentrated laundry detergent, cfl bulbs, and on. Are you aware that the air pollutin emited from a gasoline powered lawn mower for 1 hour is the equivelant of driving your car 100 miles? Are you aware that the hydrocarbon emissions from small engines in this country is the largest source of non-road emmisions (i.e. not from automobiles)? (source:

So instead of getting all pissed off at these "tree huggers", why not see the value in reducing small engine emissions AND all the other ways we can reduce our impact on the environment.
  4. Tim's Lawn Care LLC.

Tim's Lawn Care LLC. LawnSite Member

Kevin, Do you know of or have you heard of ANY outdoor power equipment manufacturer working on or having something in development addressing emmisions on the stuff we use?
  5. T Total Lawncare

Yeah I tried tying a old reel mower to the back of my horse but the stripes were all crooked and he kept taking dumps all over the homeowners high end estate sorry.
  6. T Total Lawncare

But on a good note old Trigger did help the lawn stay green and lush in certain areas.:laugh:
  7. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

You guys are kill-in me here...almost fell out of my chair:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Trigger pulling a reel mower:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Well for starters why not ban boats? Especially those ones catching all those Maine lobster. Then atv's, then racecars, then..............

If weed was legal we could all just sit around and sing puff the magic dragon.
  9. Fadedsun

Fadedsun LawnSite Member

I've been asking myself "How can I make my carbon foot print bigger?"

My best guess-instead of the Toyota V6 I'm looking for, Get a Military 5 ton truck and remove the exhaust systems, and drive a lot.

Power my house with a Gasoline powered Generator, preferrably by Briggs and stratton, since they smoke a lot and burn oil

leave my windows open

buy lots of pre-packaged foods.....
  10. Fadedsun

Fadedsun LawnSite Member

I'm not worried.