My Ad Went Out !!!!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by enviouslawns, Feb 27, 2008.

1. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

So my first round of direct mail is suppose to hit houses today but it went out a day early no problem. got 4 calls in the last 2 hours. one was for a one time snow removal for a house told em i only do contracts. 1 is a lawn quote that ill prolly get the way it sounded. third was another adertising company that wanted me to advertise with them. and the 4th was a quote for a sprinkler install. So i gave him my sprinkler guys number, and the last call was a guy who want his lawn edged twice a month WTF. I TOLD HIM NO I CANT DO THAT LOL. So let the calls keep coming in just try to make some normal customers lol.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

congrats! good luck this year!

3. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds great man. I'm sure you will be flooded with calls the next few weeks. My first round of newspaper insterts went out this morning too, hopefully the calls will start coming in soon!

4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Aren't you a little early for Michigan?

5. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

I dont think so i start cutting in about 6 and a half weeks plus im out there before everyone else too. It starts goin out heavy next week for about 6 weeks straight.

6. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

tell me about it. My guys have already started doing flyers this week and already tons of flyers in boxes. ads hit in 2 weeks so hopefully that will hit good. Keep on Cutting

7. earthly

earthly LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

do you have a picture of the piece that you mailed out, also what kind of people did you send them out to? certian zip codes, houses with a certian value ( $400,000+) and how many did you send out

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

How much did that cost? I guess it was like just one 8.5x11 sheet, in every paper in a certain zip code? I'm really thinking about doing this. How much did that cost? I got $350 sitting here that I was planning on using for a piece of equipment, but thankfully, that deal fell through. So now I guess I'll us it on advertising :laugh:.

9. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

Well I actually went with the 5.5"x8.5" which fit better with my budget. Its front and back, fully colored. $62/1000 flyers. Minimum of 10k, but you can space it out (IE im doing 3k at a time..and paying ~$210 each time they get sent out) So you don't have to pay it all at once. They let you pick zip code ect..

Let me know if you interested and I can PM you the email/number of the lady I have been working with.

10. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

For our local paper you can insert ads for $32 if you pick the zip and $26 if you don't. Minimum is 10,000.