1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My ads, News Paper and Radio

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by iakentdoz, May 21, 2006.

1. iakentdoz

iakentdoz LawnSite Member

Waiting to see how well the Newspaper advertising will work for me. Both ads will run the week before my Home Towns "Funs Days" that includes a parade that I'll be in.

Most of my work so far has come either from my business cards or web site or word of mouth. I also have a radio ad on a local AM station. Listen to Radio Ad. It only runs 4 times dunning the day and about the same at night. The thing with print and or Radio Ads is, to not give up right away. I hope that by getting my name out there and over time people will learn about my business and want to give me a call.

Thanks, Kent

Attached Files:

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice ad's however you really need to spell check your web site. Doesn't look good with all of those errors!

3. adawg88

adawg88 LawnSite Member
    from MI

Your radio ad is missing a "w" in your web address. Both times you mention the URL, you say ww.hls-nl.com - that gives you a page not found error. You might want to think about fixing that. Also, if you are looking for leads, you should consider saying either the URL or phone number a minimum of 3 times. It takes that repetition to get people to remember what they are being told. Especially with that cumbersome URL.
  4. grant087

grant087 LawnSite Member

how did they work?