My Aeration Sign (That Works!)

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mtdman, Sep 15, 2003.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

This is one of my street signs I had made for Aeration advertising. They are 24 by 24 coroplast and go into the ground on H frame stakes. I was supposed to get them double sided, but they screwed up the order twice and gave me this batch for free. I have a batch of double sided signs coming. I placed them around the area at intersections, on and off ramps, and highly visible areas. Calls for estimates have finally started to roll in, and from what I can tell these signs are what are pulling in the calls. I've got a radio ad, handed out fliers, and these signs for aeration advertising. These guys seem to doing the job.

I personally thought they turned out really well. They stand out and grab your attention along the side of the road. I purchased them from a company I work for in the winter, they do directional signs for new real estate, as well as commercial signs like these. I've got a design on order for Fall Leaf Clean Up as well.

:D

asign.jpg

2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Very nice

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

I like it too!

4. mtdman

It was supposed to say "Aeration with TJ's Lawn Care" but they messed that up, as well. They spelled Aeration wrong the first time, too. Areation?

5. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

6. Hole in 1

Hole in 1 LawnSite Member

nice!
    What kind of response are you getting?

Jeff,
    Hole in 1
    Lawn Aeration

7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I too am interested in how much you paid for those signs?

I am going to make my own. I was going to try and get them finished befroe aeration and overseeding season got here, but just running out of time. I have received my H stakes, 50 cloroplast signs and my screen, but now I am going to make it my winter project.

MATT

8. mtdman

I got a big discount because I work for the company in the winter. I don't really feel that I should say what I paid, but I think they normally run at about $12 per sign for 50. That includes H stakes. The company will design for you, and they ship all over. If people are interested, drop me an email and I will put you in touch. I don't want to post phone #s or email here, I think it's against the rules. These things are really bringing in the business. I got 12 calls today alone.

thomas@tjslawncare.com

9. mtdman

Here's the design for the leaf clean up sign I've got ordered now.

lfsign.gif

10. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Your lucky they only mis-spelled aeration slightly the first time..... guy I used to work for had card printed... told the guy what he wanted listed...... card said:

Mowing, clean-ups, dethatching, air raiding............

OOPS!