My avatar

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by yardboyltd, Jul 8, 2002.

1. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

Was my avatar removed with admistrative privelages or did something just happen to it?

If so, how come I wasn't informed? I read all avatar guidelines, and it violated none...

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Early this morning, I noticed your avatar.
    I left a message for the administrator that it needed to be removed.
    Your avatar was a for sale ad, so yes it did violate the guidelines.

I just logged on now, and see that indeed it was removed.
    Maybe he just forgot to e-mail you.

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Yea, I removed it for obvious reasons.

4. yardboyltd

Well okay. Just not notifying me could have caused more problems because I noticed Pierre update the software
    which I thought might have lost it. Thinking that I might have put it back up, which you guys would have thought unneccesary retaliation, and might of escalated. Anyways, just lack of communication.

But one member suggested I get a sponsorship to "justify", said money talks here...

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Not sure what exactly you are implying here with your comment, "money talks here"....

But I surely know that if I was a sponsor here, I would not appreicate it if someone came along and assumed they could advertise their product for free while I was paying to advertise mine. Seems only fair to me to have everyone on the same level.
    You disagree?

6. yardboyltd

I think the avatar could have gone either way... I'm obviously not GM and not the manufacturer, nor is it equipment related, I've just had alot people on here comment about the car when I've mentioned it. Some had offered to buy it, but it hadn't been for sale, but it is now and had fogotten who they were... Anyways I understand, I'm not disgruntled.

About the comment, it's my own personal observation and and many others about some of the behind the scenes motivations... I probably shouldn't have said it. I won't go into it because it would only cause an argument... but it's sorta related to why eric left, etc... I know there was more to it than that, but... I've noticed things and so have others.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the forum, I've learned alot. The guidelines are kinda unknown on this sorta thing because it implies things more industry related. Anyways, I just tried it once to see if it would work.

7. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Jodi said it well....

In the future a simple request to me at support@lawnsite.com would be appreciated.... before you take something like that upon yourself, just ask..... I am more than willing to help my community members any way I can.