My back is killing!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sollyj, Apr 11, 2007.

1. sollyj

sollyj LawnSite Member

Anyone know of any good shock absorbing seats, I can find for a husqv 52" Z? Really rough ride, I dont know how much longer my back will hold up, cant afford a new mower at this time.
  2. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

The full suspension seat on the exmark is nice, I think the suspension seats on most mower brands are the same...the one with the dial for your weight and lumbar support, you know? I think they are in the neighborhood of $500.00. They also have a kit t turn your existing seat into one I think those are like $300.00.
  3. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

Take some of the air out of the back tires. That should soften up the ride a bit, but it may also change the way it cuts.

Good luck
  4. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

EBAY!!! before selling my old mower i was looking to buy one for it, they go from 200-$300. there are alot of scagg and exmark but not bobcat inwhich i was looking for but they will work
  5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

6. bill w

bill w LawnSite Member
    from Va.

I'm not sure if this will help you, but I have good luck with leaning forward slightly and keeping my back off of the back of the seat. You could try it while waiting on your new seat.
  7. lawn masters2006

lawn masters2006 LawnSite Member

save your self some $$$....i weled a cpl springs to is unlevel ,but ounce u sit on it its all u a nice ride in the seat...or maybe im to cheap...lmao
  8. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak LawnSite Senior Member

Take your wallet out of your back pocket as well, it messes up your backs alligment then with the bouncing compounds the problem. I ended up with a pinched nerve because of it, this come from the chiropractor.
  9. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Lean forward some and slow down..
  10. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

The thing about you wallet is a great tip.