1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

my backyard progress

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by newtonmc, Jul 7, 2010.

1. newtonmc

newtonmc LawnSite Member

i started out digging down the the rock/dirt all the way around in the backyard (little by little throwing 2 wheelbarrel loads away in the trash can haha...didnt have a truck at the time to haul it to a dirt place. as you can see, arizona dirt is more like concrete, i had to pick ax the whole back wall..in the summer (108 degree average, made for good beer drinkin work) -- then i put down about pavers, and built my wall up, 6 tons of rock for the planters and then 500 sq ft sod, oh and i put sprinklers in also..think its bermuda grass but im not positive..

next steps are plants and lighting

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks great.

3. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks pretty nice to me, I think I would find a tree of some sort to plant though for some shade. Just looking at the pictures it looks like a hot place.

4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Wow that looks good.

5. newtonmc

newtonmc LawnSite Member

yeah it is a hot place! surprise, az .. look up the weather haha.. and yes i do want to find some cool tree to put over in that area, not a huge one but a decent size one.. this is my first time doing a backyard/having grass, any tips for grass in super hot climates?

6. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Cut it higher and water alot during the cool hours is my only suggestions.