My bid seems expensive

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by matthew horner, Mar 16, 2004.

1. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

I'm submitting a bid locally for a mini storage company. I know the owner, so payment etc will not be a problem. They have four sites, 10 mins apart, and I estimate 1 hour for each of 2 sites, and 30 mins for each of the other two, and 1 hour drive time (traffic?). Thats a total of 4 hours. My price will be 240 per cut.
    Does this seem reasonable? I'm in piedmont nc.
    PS the 4 hours is a two man crew, as in 8 man hours.
  2. 1acreplus

1acreplus LawnSite Member

$30 per man hour is right where we're aiming for, too. Gotta cover worker's comp, taxes, etc.
  3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd say he's getting a deal, and a good one too, especially if your price includes taxes. If it doesn't I'd tack that on.
  4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Sounds like ure close to the amount you can get in Central NC. I can get $65 an hour working by myself easily. You might can get even more if you push the market a tad bit.
  5. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, It includes taxes. I agree NCSU. If all I did was cut grass, I'd be by myself. But i'm 50/50 mowing and landscaping, and the help in landscaping is needed, so I use him to cut grass now also. Hopefully, I can change that soon. I interviewed a man the other night, and he came to the interview with alcohol on his breath. Frustrating.
    Thanks to all for the feedback. I'll submit the bid.

By the way, the price does include taxes.