1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My bidding just sucks!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jon99, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

So far this week I have put in 4 10 hour days of mowing(no help), take home has been $310, $428, $245, $452.. Wednesday just kills me because I have a cemetery that takes me 4 hours and I only get $120, plus I spend 3 hours mowing my parents for nothing...
  2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

change your prices then. (thats kinda a given)
  3. economiclawncare

economiclawncare LawnSite Member

find some help that you can pay $9 hour and cut your time down and cut your parents yard by yourself then you can do it all in 3 days and spend about $135 for help that way you have a day off or any extra day for one time jobs
  4. Jon99

The cemetery is a contract, did it last year.. Learned the hard way that cemeteries are very difficult to bid... :)

Actually hasn't been THAT bad, with that contract I also mow the village park, which is very focal and because of this I have picked up 5 good accounts in a town of 300 people..
  5. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like your parents need to get done on sunday!
  6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Jon... Two of those days don't look too bad to me and a third is okay. I'm guessing the $245 day is the day you're at your parents?

I'd dump 'em.. :p
  7. Jon99

Mom likes it done on Wednesday, certainly not going to gripe... Not only is she our daycare, I have complete access to the family farm and store my equipment out there and use the 24K SQF shop as needed..

She might be my best customer considering how much she saves me... :)
  8. Jon99

I am completely happy with the two days, third isn't bad... But the other is a little frustrating, especially since that cemetery is the most labor intensive property I have... Friday is a nice day, 4 little accounts and should be done by 11:00...
  9. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Well then... it's not for nothing.. now is it?

Stop your :cry:

10. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Jon, can I trade with you? Mon.,4 hours,$130. Tues., 3 hours, $120. Wens.,2.5 hours, $100. Thurs. 1 hour. $0, yard mowed when I got there.