1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My Biggest Job So Far-- Fall of 2011

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by ROC lawn and landscapes, Apr 15, 2012.

1. ROC lawn and landscapes

ROC lawn and landscapes LawnSite Member

Here is a job that I finished in the fall of 2011. All Belgard Materials. Plans are to add softscapes this spring. Hope you enjoy!

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

2. ROC lawn and landscapes

3. ROC lawn and landscapes

4. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice work, but I've gotta chuckle at the barns, sheds, windmill, grain bins, and old John Deere (looks like a 4010?) in the back background. Seems like it would be more at home in the 'burbs.
    I like it, though.

5. ROC lawn and landscapes

Here is some more. If any of you would like more just ask. I did most of this project on my own. I had three other guys help lay pavers but other than that it was only my back that was hurtin! The wall wasn't very fun. Belgard needs to tighten up their tolerances in their molds. I spent way to many hours grinding blocks to keep things level.:hammerhead:

Hope you all enjoy the pics!

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

6. ROC lawn and landscapes

Haha... YES there is plenty of Green and Yellow out there. and I agree about more for the burbs. Thanks for the complimant though!

7. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

looks good! how long were you there?

8. ROC lawn and landscapes

300 man hours... found an old cistern that ate up some time and grinding the blocks ate up alot of time! But overall it went well!

9. Red Shed Landscaping

Red Shed Landscaping LawnSite Member

I really like it and how it flows. Looks like you are getting the same type of work I have been getting the last few years with all the farmers wanting to spruce up their yards.

10. xtreem3d

xtreem3d LawnSite Senior Member

I love the way the boulders "protude " through the stone work.

Did the vertical blocks fit flat and plumb to the base blocks or was there alot of grinding to get them 90* to the base? And how solid does that wall actually feel after being glued up

Steve