My birthday present...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by randallwise, May 5, 2004.

1. randallwise

randallwise LawnSite Member

Here's a pic of my new setup. What do you think?

truck_trailer.jpg

2. randallwise

Here's the back of the trailer...

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Very very nice. Looks really reaaaaaaaly nice. Is there a phone number on the truck though?

4. randallwise

The back of the trailer...

trailer_back.jpg

5. randallwise

Here's the inside of the trailer...

trailer_inside.jpg

6. randallwise

Here's another of the inside. Vortex spray-in lining, GridIron Trimmer racks, e-track for the rest of the "junk"... I painted the walls white to brighten it up in there. Makes a big difference...

trailer_inside2.jpg

7. randallwise

jwingfield2k,

Here's a close-up of the truck. Numbers are on the bed under the rail. Not really happy w/ the placement and I'm going to have the installer move them down...

truck_back.jpg

8. randallwise

9. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Quite a transformation they both went through from all white to all-right! What did the paint job and interior trailor customization cost? Oh, and what size trailer is that?

10. randallwise

C Man

A friend does mobile Vortex linings, so he gave me a pretty good deal to spray the truck/trailer. He also painted the interior white before spraying the lining. He's got my shelves tonight and spraying those, too.

All-in-all, well worth the money! I had him spray a 2' cove all the way around the trailer so I can hose it down when I need to. On top of that, it helps prevent chips and dings from equipment. Before buying an enclosed, I had seen a number of landscape (enclosed) trailers, and the interior plywood was beat up pretty good. This lining is a savior! I've dropped the drum of my aerator more than a few times and those pluggers haven't even made a dent in the floor!

The trailer is an 8.5x16 car hauler. I thought it would be overkill, but it is terrific. I'm very glad I didn't go w/ the typical 7' width setup, it would be too pinched. In addition, the car hauler has a little dove tail in the back which makes for excellent height clearance (I'm 6'3" and clear easily standing straight up).

My dealer gave me a good deal on the GridIron, and I bought the e-track system from http://www.etrackstorage.com/

The e-track was a little more than I had planned on spending, but having the versitility of changing things around w/out having to drill holes outweighs the cost. If I want to change configuration, add accessories, etc., it's a snap. I added track along the bottom wall to provide tie down points when needed (if I have bikes, toys, rental equipment, etc.).

Let me know if you have more questions.

RSW