My Bobcat salesmen answered the phone when I called at 2:15am

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by all ferris, Jan 8, 2010.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Nh is big here. R their sales numbers out there per machine? Who sold x units?
    Posted via Mobile Device

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

bobcat dealer has always been great in this area
  3. Digdug

Digdug LawnSite Member

Ya, I will answer my phone 24hrs a day also. Got to do everything in my power to be available for my customers more than the next guy.
  4. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

In season there is no offtime for us. That's part of being a service oriented business.
  5. bobcat9957

bobcat9957 LawnSite Member

I think thats the reason alot of people around here have Cats. Parts is open 24 hours. And yes I have been there at 3 AM and there was actually quite a bit going on. I guess thats when alot of the shipping/receiving goes on.
  6. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

My bobcat sales guys are good, too, but I wouldn't want to call after closing unless it was an emergency. I don't think the local Bobcat dealer has 24 hr service. I've never tried to call, though.
  7. gobbles2700

gobbles2700 LawnSite Member

I will answer the phone if the number comes up 24hrs but never answer private, unavailable, or 800 #s they all go to voicemail.

Back to the thread, service like that is crucial in this day and age.
  8. YellowDogSVC

from TX

How many of you work weekends if people ask? I always say I don't like to but I'm starting to rethink it. If something breaks, I can't get parts on the weekend, though. Bobcat doesn't have after hours parts or service.
  9. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

I work as many weekends as possible. If it was possible to have 10 day weeks and 30 hr days I would figure out a way to make those days and hours productive as well.

And yes, I do answer the phone for my customers anytime of day or night. If I'm on the other line or in a conversation with someone, I make sure to call back within 5-10 mins of any missed call. I also try to stick to the guideline gobbles mentioned, and only pick up calls that show a number.

On weekends, you just hope nothing bad happens or that you have the spare parts to fix whatever breaks.
  10. YellowDogSVC

from TX

YOU the Man! What I wouldn't give to have that kind of energy again! How do you do it? If I could do it for weeks on end, I could take off and go fishing. When i was younger, that's how I operated. Now with kids, a ranch, pets, a wife, and work and bids, I'm lucky to have enough energy to do anything. Maybe I need to start working out again?? I eat much better the last year or two but that isn't helping the energy thing.