1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My Body Is Killing Me!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by aries, Apr 7, 2005.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

After doing a rock intall and sevaral shrubbery jobs I hurt all over! There is a big difference in 25 and 45.
  2. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

First week of mowing here and did about half of my customers. My feet are Killing me. Sort of glad I did not have to cut them all. Work my way back into it. Back and neck hurt from mulching and carrying the backpack. Dang I wish I was 18 again. :laugh:
  3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I kind of saved myself from the first week aches. I started working out and running every day about 6 weeks ago to get back in shape. I now run 2.5 miles in the morning and work out in the afternoon or evening. It pays to keep in shape guys.
  4. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

We never stop, year round. Landscaping and cleanups until late Spring, Then there is sod installation....and spraying, [lawn applications] I make more money doing these jobs and the mowing is becoming secondary. [I am learning this business] We only stop when its too wet. I like mowing, but the real money is the extras. I have 1 full time year round employee, who earns his perks. He gets the perks because he knows what to do, is easy to get along with, and I am getting older....he is willing do those things that I don't want to do anymore. I always treat my employees like I want to be treated. I have 2 employees in the Summer. My goal is supervision. And....

I can be very effective at running a crew...lol....and I never bark orders.... now. Period. On the old job, I did, because I didn't want to be responsible for screw ups and make the "Nightly News"....[I have been involved in high profile incidents]...not my fault....and Lawn mowing really ain't in the same league....

5. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

LOL. I am laughing because I didn't want to tell anybody how much my muscles ached especially since my wife asked me what happened to the advil. Its been getting better though. ( I think or is it just because my buisness account has been getting alot more deposits lately).
  6. jfenton

jfenton LawnSite Member

Gotta agree withh Homer. I'm 52, do Tae Kwon Do all year, and gym in the winter when I have more time. Alittle pain on the left shoulder from the blower, otherwise 100%.