1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

my companies

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by green acres2009, Oct 28, 2009.

1. green acres2009

green acres2009 LawnSite Member

My name is Ben and I live in a rural area in southwest Va. I started out in 1998 at 18. I had a 1984 chevy half ton an ancient plow a huge tri-axle trailer, a kubota tractor w/4ft. finish mower homelite weedeaters really all junk.I am now 28yrs old and now Nash landscaping and lawn care has 92 weekly accounts bringing in around 25k a month.Starting spring 2009 i recently purchased Green acres lawn and garden supply center.We sell mulch, decorative stone, pallet stone, gravel, sand,plants, seasonal stuff and just recently became a Jonsered dealer.My lawn care business now has a 2006 f-350,2007 f-250,1999 f-150(plow truck),52 inch scag wildcat,61 inch scag turf tiger,60 inch cub cadet tank,36 inch Exmark walk behind 9 stihl fs90 weed eaters 4 stihl 600 backpack blowers. Snow equipment we have 2 8' western plows,7'6" curtis plow,Western vbox spreader,western tailgate spreader,curtis tailgate spreader. Lawn and garden center has a 1982 chevy c40 dump,2007 f450 dump 2008 bobcat 185 skidsteer loader.Hopefully if a heavy winter comes and make good money on snow i would like to purchase a f-650 dump. I guess that is my story guys!

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to Lawnsite!
  3. J & D Greens

J & D Greens LawnSite Senior Member

Wow Ben, I hope I come close to having the same success you have had. Good luck this winter. David
  4. g21

g21 LawnSite Senior Member

Love to hear stories like that Ben! Sounds like you have some really good instincts. You are around that $250K area and many times that can be a tough hump to get over on your way to the next level. Many contractors get very frustrated and stay at that level for a long time. If you ever need any advice or help with anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck and congratulations on all of your hard work and perseverance.