my competition?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by zedosix, Apr 27, 2007.

1. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Whats wrong with this picture. OMG this company "cough cough" is installing a patio just up the street where we are working. This is NOT his first job in the area. I want to go ring the bell and blast the owners, but I'm a disciplined individual and won't lower myself to this CRAP.

Had to get it off my chest.

Note patio slab leaning on neighbours siding. :nono:

eastern 4 007 (Medium).jpg

eastern 4 008 (Medium).jpg

2. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

WTF? i cant understand what they are trying to do. hey at least they put down fabric right!

3. zedosix

They were there backed up on the lawn in a pick-up truck throwing the blocks off the back of the truck. That was 3 days after they unloaded all the stone by hand off the truck. I wanted to take a video of it. Its kinda of funny yet ...sad.

4. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a HUGE backyard...You almost have room for a small dog house..

5. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

You know what they say "you pay peanuts, you get monkeys"

6. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow! those guys are fast. Step 1: Throw down your Geotex. Step 2: bring in base material. Step 3: Drop off the block. Step 4: Um... now what? lol lol...

7. bishoplandscape

bishoplandscape LawnSite Member

WOW They have a serious mess on there hands. problem is the homeowner probably doesn't even know any better.:hammerhead:

8. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll have you know that the only reason I have not been back to the site is that the rental yard has all of the plate compactors rented, so I have to wait! Besides, the longer I wait the more the stone gets compacted...DUH!

Chris

9. zedosix

I will keep you updated. I think next week they are grading the stone and building the steps. Projected completion is Sept. :laugh:

10. forestfireguy

forestfireguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

We used the self leveling base material, first good rain and you'll all be amazed, once it gets wet it levels out, compacts and grows paver with a perfect pattern and no running bonds, mitered corners where needed and so tight there is not even a need for sand. This is the wave of the future....And cgland ---- How dare you take credit for my masterpiece.:drinkup:

Ps- I'm selling the seeds you need for this new technology, but you gotta trade me a cow.....LOL