My Custom 21" Striper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snowplowjay, May 16, 2003.

1. snowplowjay

snowplowjay LawnSite Member

Well all my thoughts and envisionments for a striper for my 21" mower and my 42" tractor have just started to become a reality. Today i made a $10.00 roller/striper for my 21" toro rear drive bagger mower. What I did was got two approximately 8" long by 1" wide 1/16" thick sheet metal strips. I drilled a 1/2" hole in the top and bottom of each strip. I then mounted them to the bolt for the lower handle support. As for the roller i took a piece of 2" PVC pipe and cut a 15" long piece. I then took two PVC end caps and drilled out the centers. I then took a piece of metal bar and cut it to 16" and drilled out two small holes one on each end. I capped the pipe and filled it with playsand having the metal bar inserted in the holes in the end caps. I then attached it to the other two holes in the metal strips and held it all together with cotter pins in the holes in the metal bar. I will next engineer a striper for the tractor since this striper came out so well. I will try to post some pics asap. I am in the process of getting a Digi camera right now.

Jay