1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My Customers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Pro-lawns, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Pro-lawns

Pro-lawns LawnSite Member

hi Guys
    a few of my customers have called me
    and asked for a recomendation on waht the best
    fertilizer to use
    scotts or Mircal grow
    i dont plan on getting in to fertlizing untill my company gets a littel bigger
    so i would like some help so i can tell them what to use
    Pro Lawns
  2. gvpa20

gvpa20 LawnSite Member

They are the same Company ( Scotts ownes MG ).
  3. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Do they mean the Miracle Gro that is applied as a liquid? If they do, then recommend the Scotts. Applying the liquid is not hard, the tough part is making it uniform across the lawn. I also don't trust those "automatic" liquid fert applicator sprayers that Miracle Gro has. They need a certain water pressure to mix the fert and work correctly. Many well water systems DON'T work with those applicators. They either dump out the fert all at once, or don't spray much at all. I just feel that there is very little control over how much you are fertilizing. It has been years since I've use the applicators, maybe they have changed. IMHO

Be careful giving them too much advice about fertilizing. If and when they screw it up, they may blame you. If you know a couple fert companies in your area, you may want to recommend those, and you may be able to work out some sort of "finder's fee" arrangement with the fert company.
  4. Pro-lawns

Pro-lawns LawnSite Member

Thank you so much