1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

my cyclone rake unloading system

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jbob, Nov 8, 2003.

1. jbob

jbob LawnSite Member

i about have my leaf removal system set up. i plan on backing on my trailer and dumping my first couple of loads. then insert the plastic containers and dump them over in the back of my leaf box after i reinsert the back wall. i know i will not be able to go far with the plastic containers but that is not a problem. i think this would be easier than dumping along side and sucking them up into the leaf box.
    has anyone use the bagging system with the cyclone rake? the boxes that come with it are very rinky dink. i had these containers so i am going to try them. if they work i work well i may get some taller ones.

2. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Can you show a pic of the ones that came with the system?
  3. jbob

jbob LawnSite Member

yes but it will be a few min. they r fold up cardboard.
  4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

jbob, why do you think this will be easier then dumping and sucking it up into your leaf box?

For one, you're only getting HALF a load your way, instead of a FULL load.
    Next, you're making the job more physical, by having to lift those out and manually dump them into your leaf box.
    I'd rather let the Cyclone Rake do the work. I'd get a full laod, then dump near leaf box. Do this until the lawn is done, then use the Cyclone Rake to suck them into the leaf box.

Plus this way the leaves would get even more pulverized going through twice, reducing the volume even more, allowing you to fit more into your leaf box.

BTW, where is your leaf box, on your truck, or trailer?

Either way, let us know how it's working out for you.
  5. jbob

jbob LawnSite Member

it takes six of there boxes. my leaf box is on the trailer. i do not think room is a problem. i have trying to decide which would be easier and faster. to suck up with the cr i would have to swap over some hoses which is no big deal. but thought containers might be faster and less trouble.

6. jbob

jbob LawnSite Member

ut o wrong pic sorry