1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My Deal of a Century!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SoloSulkySurfer, May 25, 2007.

1. SoloSulkySurfer

SoloSulkySurfer LawnSite Member

I just purchased my ZTR and am thrilled with it.

Its a 2005 Scag 48" Tiger Cub with 19hp Kawasaki (large air filter, ROPS). I saw the ad on craigslist and went and purchased it on Tuesday. The guy was asking $4300 for the excellent condition machine with only 174 hours. I offered him $3700 and he agreed. But it gets better the mower also included an aluminum accelerator XL catcher, 5 sets of blades (gator, medium, high lift), and 3 large gas cans. He even showed me the receipt which had correct serial # and his name. Unfortunately for him he went belly up in his lawn business last year, which forced him to sell. The other ironic part is that he listed the mower in the general section of craigslist and received no other calls. If he had listed it in the lawn and garden section I have no question that he would of received dozens of calls (based on past experience).

Anyone else want to share their great deals.

Other good deals Ive got in the past: Red Max hedge trimmers ($70), 6.5 x10' trailer $200, little wonder blower w/ blown engine FREE, Bobcat 48" WB $500.