my dealer got new trimmer line in

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Jun 2, 2001.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

.o95 steel .it is green line supposidly this stuff is king of trimmer line you can run it all day.alls i know is i bought .o95 shindaiwa tape it sh!t the ends split.anyone have good experiences with the o95 steel.dont waste your money on shindaiwa tape
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

When you say "steel", are you refering to Stihl trimmer line? Because if yoou are, you are talking about a GREAT trimmer line! Redmax is what I had last time, and IT worked well as well. I just bought a spool of the new Gator Magnum line, and this line would be a god trimming line, but it is just too dog gone heavy. I got a spool of the .095, but this stuff is WAY bigger than that. It is more like a .105 line, too blunt. I'm thinking that maybe they even put the wrong sticker label on the spool, and maybe it IS .105, because it's even tight in the eyelet holes. I've NEVER seen an .095 string do that. Anyway, I wish I could sell this basically unused spool of string, because inevitabally, I'm going to have to purchase a spool of usable string that I can perform with.
  3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Could this be the steel core, or titanium core I used at the husquvarna booth at the EXPO last year? It was pretty good stuff. Dave g
  4. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

im not really sure its grean it comes in a spool and its steel not stihl but as soon as i run out of the shindaiwa tape im going to try it.