My Dear Wife!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oldturf, May 13, 2005.

1. oldturf

oldturf LawnSite Member

A little back ground before I admit to this story. I have had 2 heart attacks in the last year and it slowed me down for a while, all better and doing very well so far. BUT, I did not get my h2bs taken care of and do not have my regular crews, in fact I am having a devil of a time getting good people.
    I have just enough to run crews to keep commercial accounts, had to give residential accounts up.
    Now, in all this my own yard has suffered and my wife is not happy. So I came home today and found a quote from another lawn service that my wife has gotten.She is threatening to sign a year contract.
    In the morning I will leave 2 crew members at my home and have them catch up with us when they finish with my most important customer.
    I got a laugh out of this and thought that I would share it with you guys, even if it is a little embarrassing.
    I don't know what the guy thought with quite a bit of my equipment visible but he left a quote.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

My wife has threatened to do that to me also. If its a good price...........

3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Isint it ironic that our yards are the last to be done!

4. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

I am on Donald all of the time about how embarrassing it is for our lawn and beds to look so horrible....our lawn caught a fungus *I thought he was preventing that* and it is barely now recovering and there is weeds all in my beds.... :rolleyes:

He just shakes his head and tells me he is glad I am not one of his customers..

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I don't even remember when the last time I cut my yard this year. I am not kidding. Its needs it. I didn't fert last year so I wouldn't have to mow it.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

My lawn is high visability and is a showcase of my work. I get a lot of compliments from my neighbors, customers and even the people who used to own the house (21 years ago) ocassionally drive by and wonder why they ever sold it.

Mine is the last yard to get cut every week. It also proves that cross-contamination is a myth.

7. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I make my sister do it. After a day of mowing I could care less about our lawn.

8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I have my home scheduled in the computer as a client account. My crews mow my lawn when they're in the neighbrhood (we mow 2 of my neighbors and fert 6 besides mine anyway). I have 0 lawn equipment at my home and prefer it this way.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly why I now live in a town house...my last home and yard was 10.2 acres of grass. Never again.

10. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Ann and I have already decided that our next home will not have a lawn. Enough already! ;)