My design... Electric Chute Blocker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gl1200a, Jul 28, 2004.

1. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

This is mine. It's based on the Masterchute design and been modified to mount on my JD Z-Trak. it is controlled by an enlarged foot switch and run my an electric window motor.

masterchute 1.jpg

2. sprout

sprout LawnSite Member

:D Good job! I have a 757 with one my dealer made for me, its just a metal plate that drops down. Kinda cheap but it works.

3. CuttersCove

CuttersCove LawnSite Member

Sweeeeeet job.

It looks like you used the on board battery instead of a separate power supply is that correct?

4. gl1200a

Yes, the motor's battery with an inline 30 amp fuse and a toggle switch under the seat so I can power down the unit when not in use.

5. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Feel like talkin someone through an installation and using me as a subject? I have an Exmark Lazer HP 52". Would be kind of neat to do an in progress installation so maybe others could do it.

I have great digital camera and could do a whole series.

What da say?

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi gl1200a,

Excellent design!

7. Qwikchute

Qwikchute LawnSite Member

gl1200a
    Looks like you spent a fair amount of time and did a good job on making your OCDC. I am sure it saves you alot of time and
    aggravation, well worth the effort. For the people out there who don't have the time, we at GTM Manufacturing have a Qwikchute
    to fit the John Deere. It is a mechanical opperation so you don't have to tie into the electrical system. See it at www.qwikchute.com

I guess your post got split up so I replied to both. Poductivity puts $$$ in your pocket let the Qwikchute help!

8. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I seen something some what like that a few years back but it was made out of the electric door locking solenoid. There where two buttons on the control. Push one and it would snap closed so fast it was scary and opened just as fast.

9. gl1200a

Yes, Fixer it does operate at a rather fast pace, but the plastic gearing in the motor is very forgiving and I have a second motor on hand for a backup.

10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Very neat, how much $$ you got invested?