My dog got skunked

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Jul 15, 2010.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Mixed with vodka from what I hear. :laugh:

2. StoneFaced

StoneFaced LawnSite Member

Tomato juice may help, but was more of an old farmers choice well before they invented Massengill ******...they didn't have as many options as we do now. My Husky has been sprayed several times even during winter. A thick double coat is not easy, but here is what has worked for me:

1. Use an acid neutralizer like a petsmart product or as I stated...I use Massengill...it
    works. Rub it well into the coat, soak well and let stand for several minutes while getting everything ready for steps two and three.

2. Rinse and shampoo...repeat.

3. Mix equal parts of: Baking soda, hydro peroxide and dawn dish detergent. Make into a paste and rub into coat well. Let stand for a few minutes and go drink a beer or something. Rinse well and shampoo again.

4. Dry well and spray w/ a little cologne if needed. If he gets wet again, some odor may re-appear until dry again. It does take 2-4 weeks to not notice any more stink. Mine usually gets it in the face...which makes him burp skunk a lot, so you may want to consider a breath freshener that's safe for dogs. Hope this helps.

3. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Reminds me of this!

[​IMG]

4. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

I remember seeing that pic but do not recall..... what kind of critter was that?

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Well seeing what thread its in , Im gonna go out on a limb and say a skunk.

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Whoa, that's a pretty dangerous limb to go out on. :laugh::drinkup::dancing::rolleyes:

7. jlrvt

jlrvt LawnSite Member

what is it with husky's and skunks?! geez, mine has to be on a run or he'll bolt so I've never had this problem with Smokey but it seems like they get in more trouble than the rest of the mutts