1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

My Dump Trailer Leaf Setup

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by sservices, Nov 19, 2011.

1. luis@NJ

luis@NJ LawnSite Senior Member

Your trailers looks very heavy-duty! Hopefully i can get one like that soon

2. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

Literally just noticed that ... its like the first time in the Lawn & Landscape Industry where a leaf loader managed to get itself purchased before a back pack blower:dizzy:

3. sservices

sservices LawnSite Member

Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good.

I use a landscape rake for moving piles, feeding the loader, loading tarps, unloading trucks and trailers...way faster, one stroke instead of several. Just make sure it's the rounded teeth and not the chisel point ones so you don't dig into the turf.

Attached Files:

5. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

had not really thought about that but it makes sense. I picked up a Tru Temper leaf rake at Lowe's a few months ago and I've been real happy with it but this makes perfect sense....duh!!!

6. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

NEVER USE YOUR BUDDIES LEAF PLOW!!!! Because once you do you will dish out the money to buy your own ... Also I see you said you use the rake to unload ... I'm guessing you don't have a dump? Have you ever tried just using the loader itself to unload the trailer/bed

7. sservices

I have a couple of them. Never thought to try it. Thanks!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. sservices

Is that the "no clog" rake? I have wondered how well they work...
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I have a dump trailer actually. I was really just listing uses of the landscape rake.

Thankfully most of my large leaf jobs don't involve hauling...blow to woods, so I'd have little use for a leaf plow. In fact, I have little use for a leaf loader and haven't mouted it in years, although every year I say I'm going to for one-time cleanups and chasing piles but never do.