My dump truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Impressions Landscaping, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Impressions Landscaping

Impressions Landscaping LawnSite Member

99 3500HD W/6.5 turbo.....11 foot body. Whatcha guys think?

019.jpg

021.jpg

2. Impressions Landscaping

I forgot to tell you guys, my dad and I built this truck ourselves...if you want to hear what we did or see some before, during, and after pictures let me know and I'll post them for you guys.

3. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, post some build pics. I like those trucks, even though I've heard bad things about the 6.5 diesel. That looks good, especially with the chrome wheel covers.

4. Impressions Landscaping

Honestly, I can't say one bad thing about that motor in that truck, its 100% stock, I drive it like an old lady though. I've driven all the newer diesels and a bunch of the older ones, while this one isn't a powerhouse, for me it doesn't lack...you just need some paitence getting on the highway or when your pulling a bobcat. It was fleet maintained at my dads shop, there exteremly meticulous when it comes to fixing somethings wrong...ill put up some build pics in a few mins for you.....

5. Impressions Landscaping

Bought it with an 11 foot utility body with a 3200 pound Autocrane hoist on the side.....then took that body off, sold it, bought an 11 foot Rugby dump body off a Ford F-550, my dad did all the welding and lights on the back of the truck...there bright at night and look very good. We did 100% of the work ourselves.

service truck 007.jpg

service truck 011.jpg

6. Impressions Landscaping

The dump body and old utility body coming off....

service truck 002.jpg

service truck 034.jpg

7. Impressions Landscaping

Truck sitting as a cab and chassis and the dump body being loaded on....

service truck 037.jpg

service truck 042.jpg

8. Impressions Landscaping

The finished product.....I know the front bumpers a little screwed up...there was a mishap with my worker and a brick wall....and also my other truck...97 GMC Sierra...a little dirty

service truck 058.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

9. Impressions Landscaping

The real jewel of the build is the back of the truck....If you guys want I'll snap some pictures of it tomorrow if you are really interested...let me know...also if you guys got any more questions just ask...if you really want to know why I built my own truck instead of buying one...just ask and I'll give you the rundown of the amount of money I have invested in this truck...

10. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

What do you guys all do? Seeing a payloader and maybe a backhoe in the pictures? You the owner or your father?