my email to exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joshua, May 3, 2001.

1. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

dear exmark, i currently own 3 mowers that your company makes. a metro 48", metro hp 48", and lazer z 52". i ordered a ultra vac for my lazer on febuary 22, 2001 and i'm still waiting for it over 3 months later. i also paid for it the very next day. i just wanted to say that i will never buy another product of yours ever again, and counting that i'm only 18 and will be in business for the next 35 or so you will be losing out on alot of mower sales to me and everyone i can convice not to buy your product.

i wonder if they will write back?

2. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Would you write back if you received this from one of your customers ?

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Not to be an azz or anything, but thats just over 2 months. Hey, I don't blame you for being mad about paying for something and not having it after this long. But, I think this is more of an issue to take up with the dealer or distributor. They are the ones "selling" you parts that are not available. Rest assured, Exmark does not have your money.

BTW, I really hope you didn't send them this.

[Edited by Keith on 05-03-2001 at 06:55 AM]

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

hey joshua,
    i just picked up my 60 inch lazer. i wanted them to throw a deck lift assist on. they are back ordered. they didnt expect it for a while. i contacted the exmark rep on turfmfg.com and he got me one within a week. just be polite to him and maybe he can help you out.

john.cloutier@exmark.com or (402) 223-6308

5. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Joshua, maybe you can have your name changed so you dont have to eat your words. Or maybe The great Exmark God will forgive you since you are so young

6. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

i've contacted my rep. in my area or i should say i tried to he won't return any of my phone calls, but the secretary said that after checking their records for the ware house that my bagging sysyem isn't in yet and she didn't know whaen it would be in. i was at the dealer ship the 1 day and he called the rep. when i was there and he asked him (i could hear every word) and the rep. couldn't even say a word about when it could be in, i'm not blaming my dealer for this i know it isn't his fault. i'm done bagging for the year until late sep. so hopefully i have it by then.

7. deason

deason LawnSite Member

Keith, I agree.

joshua, I am afraid a letter like this will probably fall on deaf ears. You have to remember that you are not only dealing with the company who is making the product, but you are also depending on freight carriers (i.e UPS, FED EX)to move these items, and the dealer to mention a few. My suggestion would be to call the dealer and arrage to speak with the owner/ manager of the dealership. Give some specific expectations (politely and within reason). If these expectations are not met, move to someone who CAN do the job for you. Since it has been 2 months since you have ordered the part, you have a lot of ammunition on your side and they should be willing to help if they are planning on being in business for any length of time.

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

man you got to be patient sometime an raise a little
    ---- sometime . the key is knowing when to do what.
    good luck with your stuff

9. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Not to say that any of you are wrong, but I feel Joshua has every right to write a letter like that. 2 MONTHS? That's a little outrageous and you have another person saying that his parts were back ordered also. Come on, If he don't put a little fire under someone's azz then how is he going to get it there faster. He might as well start at the top and if they don't do anything about it then like it was said maybe they just might lose a little biz. And, you can't blame the freight company's, cause what he is being told is that it is back ordered and not that it has been shipped. It don't take 2 months to truck something even across the us.

I would write another letter to the distributor and be a little firm, but not threatening. Tell them that you are considering on canceling your order and buying from a more dependable source or brand name.

10. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

This is a full size Lazer, right? Not an HP? As far as I know the UltraVac is new and all advertisement has said "Available Spring 2001". From that I would think that meant anytime after March. This is not a simple back order issue. This part is brand new. I still think this is an issue somewhere down the line. Have you contacted the distributor?

http://www.exmark.com/UltraVac.htm

Hey, take the issue up here. Thats what it's for. This is Exmarks "tech board". http://www.turfmfg.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1

[Edited by Keith on 05-03-2001 at 02:23 PM]