My Entire Setup Stolen !!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gcx1, Sep 8, 2006.

1. gcx1

gcx1 LawnSite Member

Just wanted to warn you guys not to put much faith in tongue locks ! My brand new mini z and all my gear was taken from my house in broad daylight today. I can only assume the POS's responsible must have wrapped the safety chains to steal it because there is no way they had time or privacy enough to mess with the shielded lock. Nothing left to do now but argue with the insurance company.....:hammerhead:
  2. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I would be ill! I have one of those tongue locks also but usually my wife is home. I need to talk to my insurance agent about such an event. If you were closer I would let you have some of our back up stuff.
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Man that's terrible to hear! Been a lot of posts on here this summer about small stuff getting swiped but not any whole rigs that I remember, this summer at least.

That's been my thoughts on a tounge lock too, unless it's a super heavy trailer it's really not stoping anyone from using your chains to drag it to a more secluded location to get the lock cut. I know this was in daylight, which is more nuts... I have a small trailer I use for odds and ends I keep next to my garage. I keep it cabled to the chain link fence. The cable is really hard to cut and the lock is not one with a shank on it. if they want the trailer they get the fence too!
  4. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hear that... My stuff stays in the garage until its time for work.
  5. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't know what to do. What would you do if you saw someone using your equipment? It's really a shame people are out there like that.
  6. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Holy ****!!! I have never heard of that much getting stolen at one time.
  7. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

that sucks man sorry the mowing crew complains all the time why they have to put the stuff in the shop at the end of the day instead of leaving it on the truck and trailer and this is why
  8. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

A buddy of mine had just his trailer stolen one night. Now he puts a chain trough the rims
  9. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i saw that for the first time like a week ago looks like a good idea but i dont think the guys would look at that try to take off and mess up the rims and axle
  10. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Very sorry to hear of you're misfortune. That is tough, I hope all is expedited quickly with you're insurance company.