My equipment almost got stolen!!!

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by S man, Sep 16, 2008.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I put all my handheld stuff in front of my house so could eat and then put everything in the shed. But I had a bad feeling about it. So after dinner I was going to put everything away and opened the front door. I saw someone in between the cars on the drive way and he slowly tried to sneak off and I imediately yelled for my dad to come out and we ran after them all in a matter of seconds. He rounded the corner and jumped into the getaway car and had a driver driving and they sped off. Nothing was stolen thank God. I called the police imediately and a officer showed up and I told him what had happened and later my dad went around in the neighborhood and saw the car that the guys were using. He got the plate number and we gave that to the police. A little bit later I was out front doing something and the car passed by and when I saw them they went speeding by and passed in front of six guys in a dogde truck a block further. Then the car was speeding by again at 70 mph at least in a 20 zone followed by the six guys barreling after them. They lost them after a high speed chase and almost got in three accidents. They came by later and we talked to them and they said they had followed them but lost them. The police came by and talked to them and came back to my house. They said the plate didn't match the car. It was a brand new red chevy impala 4 door. Plate was SBN 880 which didn't match. So now they need to find these low lifes because they were hanging around my neighborhood even after we saw them and called the cops. They're gone now but now I'm on gaurd with my house and equipment. What a night!

2. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

One word: LUCKY!!!

3. TerraTek

TerraTek LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

yep, very lucky. easy way to learn a lesson, without costing you money.

4. S man

I've learned. I'm waiting to hear if the police have catched these thugs.

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Time to get a shotty!

6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Your just asking to get your stuff stolen...It only take 5min to put them away.

7. Even Cut Lawn Care

Even Cut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

YES!!!!! My thoughts exactly!

8. S man

I'm definitely keeping a closer eye on my stuff from now on. I know my hand blower that I love would be first. I'm glad I still have everything.

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

That gives you a little scare! I always worry about people grabbing one of my trimmers ir blowers or something if I am cutting someones backyard

10. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i live in a low crime place and have thankfully never had anything stolen(knock on wood0 but i am still cautious and scared my stuff will get stolen. there is more than one guy in town that just leaves a trailer full of stuff in the drive year round without problems