My equipment and shop

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by DeereHauler, May 18, 2008.

1. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

the '04 isn't a duramax, but needs tow mirrors badly. Both trucks cost about $175/each to get decals, and the 24' trailer cost $550.00, i'm sure no one will believe that, i know i didn't......haha

2. DollarSign

DollarSign LawnSite Member
    from MN

I was referring to your 06 getting the 06 tow mirrors....

But the 04 would also look good with them.

Holy sh!t is my only reaction to those prices. I'll have to have a talk with my graphics guy :laugh:

3. DeereHauler

they are '06 tow mirrors on the '06 :confused:... or are you talking about a different style?

4. DollarSign

DollarSign LawnSite Member
    from MN

The different style...

The mirrors that are currently on there are the 00-02 tow mirrors.

5. DeereHauler

thats weird, its an '06, must have been changed before i bought it.

6. slave2lawns

slave2lawns LawnSite Member

Nice pics, keep up the great work.

7. DeereHauler

i forgot i had this, i did some repairs on the snowblower, so i test ran it in my yard after with a couple of inches of snow. After using a manual tilt, auger, and freezing my a$$ off for years, this tractor sure is a nice change.

I'll be sure to get new pictures or videos of it this season, we already cleared a 6" snow fall the other day....:cry:

http://www.youtube.com/user/12407dave

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Do you have better luck with Preen then with Snap Shot? Also, how does the Little 2305 JD hold up? Any regrets on buying such a small unit? I've been looking into a small tractor but it seems like that little machine is too small; like a bobcat MT55 would be a wiser purchase.

9. DeereHauler

i like snapshot better, i've been using it for a few years now over preen. But i was very surprised to go to a much larger landscaping company to visit and they used preen, so i don't know if thats his preference or what.

I love the 2305, i'm not saying it absolutely the best tractor to buy, and yes its rather small, but its more of a clearance issue than a power issue. I have a skidsteer so i'm not lifting a lot with it, and it runs all my attachments perfectly, but it sits very low, and i have to buy "low profile" attachments or it won't lift them high enough. I would like to buy a john deere 2720, higher clearance, and some more HP, but not yet.

I bought the 2305 from a friend who used it one season to clear snow in his town home community. He got tired of clearing snow and sold it to me, i got the tractor with 100 hrs, cab, loader, mower deck, rear blade, weight box, quick hitch, and snow blower with all the mounting attachments for half price of what he paid, so although i would like a bigger tractor, i would've been foolish to not buy this one. My goal is to buy a larger tractor in a year or 2, but still keep this one, its just too handy. I have so many 3 point attachments for it, and its the most perfect tractor for spraying, and clearing sidewalks.