My equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Mattsmowing99, May 16, 2009.

1. Mattsmowing99

Mattsmowing99 LawnSite Member
    from NEO

I picked up this aerator of $500. Its a Ryan with a 3.5Hp Briggs&Stratton engine and its the larger version so I think its a 30'' swath. Got it from my uncle who was getting out of the business. Im at 41 residential yards and 4 commercial now, and i do my uncles customers too!:)

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

2. olaf valle

olaf valle LawnSite Member

Looks good, but do you work in shorts? I like to see young people having a business. I'm 21 keep it up

3. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice lookin stuff man, we have Chevy and Exmark too, they are the BEST! good luck

4. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice setup,lookin good.

5. MLAWCARE

MLAWCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Working in shorts must be nice but I think it looks unprofessional especially when wearing tennis shoes.

6. Mattsmowing99

from NEO

Well Thats was last year with just my brother and his friend helping. This year though we wear red work shirts, kayaks, and steal toed work boots. I require that my employees wear eye protection when operating equipment now. A lot has changed!

7. jeffslawnservice

jeffslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Lets hear about it then. Any new equipment purchases or any new accounts?

8. Mattsmowing99

from NEO

Well to start things off...i have a 2 mil insurance coverage, workers comp, and two employees(one full time and a part timer). I went from 30 some clients to just about 53 residential, 4 apartment complexes, 2 condo association, 2 HOA's. I purchased a trimmer rack, for the trailer and love it! I bag every lawn that I do, and have a dump spot that takes it for free. I expanded into snow removal and fertilizer applications. I dont really do my own mulch anymore i sub it out. I am just too squeezed for time with mowing and the up keep on the mowers. As much as i want new mowers and trimmers what i have workers perfect for what i do(and its paid for!). The only thing i really need is a bigger truck mine just gets too beat up. With a full bed of grass, and the mowing trailer it really struggles...which is probably why i have had a bad year for repairs

9. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds good,sounds like ur pretty busy then.how is the craftsman hedge trimmer.

10. MLAWCARE

MLAWCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I dont want to be a know it all but I had one. The real difference I can see between a craftsman and a redmax(what i have now) is the blades on it, a bigger engine, and just built stronger. The craftsman wouldnt be a bad little trimmer if the blades were sharper when you buy it but I am sure the reason they are not is because it is a homeowner product and they dont want to be sued for a homeowner cutting themselves.