My Exmark stop dead i blow a fuse. (So)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Hartzog, May 25, 2007.

1. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

I replaced fuse 10 amp fuse i stared it up and as soon as i took brake lever off it shut down.

Ok so i checked fuse it needed a 20 so i replaced it. now all should be good. I started it up and it ran we'll that fix that .(NOT)
    I took took brake off and guess what total shut down.NASA we really have a problem....

Now i am checking for bad wires other fuses loose connection. Nothing so this what i did next started up stood up it shut down ,cranked again turn PTO on again shut down. after 10 minute i said to my guy let start it let off brake and go up the trailer it took about 8 times start died start died. i had the trailer backed up to the front mower tires in toward the end i blacked out and he push the right handle hard and it slammed into my foot i couldn't't move i was in she pain and he was screaming at me to open the handle. he got it off my foot ouch it hurt but i am OK now.

so will give the facts (1) yes their is fuel 1/2 tank
    (2) all safety switch work remember as soon as level close (drive arm) it shut off PTO was off i was sitting down brake was off etc.

What i think is wrong is the Ignition switch is fried.or kill relay. also when i got home it woundn't turn over and the battery is good i checked so rule that out so can you help me.(PS 27 Kolor command 60" deck 750 hours

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Ummm.... pain pills working well? :laugh:

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

you can take a jumper wire and go around several relays and switches to isloate the issue

Good Luck let us know what u find

4. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

i'll take to shop i'll post when fixed

Thanks Again.

5. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

i've been told it may be the voltage regulator. the throttle's fine. everything else seems to work. now, i can't get the part until tues. 'cause of Memorial day.

6. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

Man this has to be one of the hardest posts to follow. Maybe try and do a quick run through of your paragraph before you post. Not trying to be a butt hole, but that was pretty bad.

7. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

If this guy is truly bipolar he is probably on Lithium and if he would drink anything he could not help himself. That stuff will screw you up with alcohol or any type of antidepressant medication.

It's honestly not something he can help if this is the case.

8. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

Thank you, puppy paws i have been so upset today, i just slepted now i just got up 4:01pm my wife post the one you can understand.PS i don't drink .

9. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

I can't stand this waiting around so where is the voltage regulator?

10. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I hade a similar thing happen to me on Thursday.
    I went to pull the ZTR off the trailer after running it most of the morning and it wouldn't turn over.

It was obvious that it didn't have a dead battery as you could hear it making a strong clicking sound. I gave it a jump and it starts right up. I turn it off and try to start it again and same problem. So I give it another jump and just let it idol instead of turning it off between properties.

Several properties later I go to enguage the blades and nothing happens. I start checking fuses & connections, kick it a few times and then try the blades again and it works.

It worked fine for me the rest of thursday all day friday and no probelms today but i'm sure whatever the original problem was it will soon be back.