1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

My expenses?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sixteen right now and would like to turn my lawn maintenance services into a small business. If I did so, what would my expenses be as far as insurance, licenses (which ones do I need), taxes, and anything I forgot.
  2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi howie'slawncare,

Here is some contact information for you. Maybe it will help you get started.

Darke County Economic Development
    622 S. Broadway
    Greenville, OH 45331 USA
    Voice: 937.548.3250
    FAX: 937.548.5608
    Email: info@darkecounty.com

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Learn How to Make your own Logo. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>
  3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

in ohio liability insurance, at your age, dont think you can get it, have to have business registured with the state, fictisious name or llc or inc.

you have to charge sales tax at the rate of the county you are working in and send it to the state....

you really need to get a adult involved, dad , brother uncle mom, sister....insurance is had to get without a proven business record of 4 yers or more in legitamate business, dont forget you have to bill your customers and pay income tax too....

dont forget business insurance on your vehicle, and trailor, cost much more...

this is why its hard for me to accept kids mowing lawns for 20 bucks when i have to pay so much overhead.....

glad your trying o do it right.....
  4. daveintoledo

your by cleveland right, im on the other side of the state, but if you want to email me, ill try and help you anyway i can :waving:
  5. daveintoledo