My experience with Bad Boy Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by colehog, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nolanjim

nolanjim LawnSite Member

Good post Ted. Good to know two sides of a story and retro even gives you a nice recommendation. For a company to stay in business they must he honest and have good customer relations, that is why I think you done all you could for the customer. He should have sold it back to you when he had the chance. Print all this out and if he hires and lawyer and takes you to court, they will know who is lying.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Sounds very interesting.

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello Ted, As informationial as your post was. I dont think it was the most profesonal manner to discuss customer to business relations directly on here for the whole world to see. And to post a copy of his invoice is personal information between you and the customer. I can understand your frustrations as a delaer, but this is not the place to respond to your customer.

That being said, I appriciate the response you have given and there is allways 2 sides to the story. I have been frustrated with customers as well and wanted to tell them to get an attourney. But thats not the profesonal manner to handle the situation. Surely as a BB dealer you have means to contact them and have them help with the issue?

Anyways best of luck to you and to MR smith on the matter and hope one side can come to a meeting point on the matter.
  4. garth71

garth71 LawnSite Member

I have a 2009 AOS 35 hp Diesel with 72 inch cut. We looked at lots of mowers and really like the bad boy. The only problem we are having is that we have to replace drive belts about every 50 hours at about $100 each. We have taken it to two different dealers 2 times each for a fix. They can’t seem to fix it. I have been told by both dealers that it is a poor belt design. I have talked with 2 other guys that are having the same problems one is running the diesel and the other was running the big gas engine. Those are the only guys I know that are running the high HP machines but both dealers have indicated that they are having problems with belts. The regional rep stopped returning my calls shortly after the warranty ran out. A friend of ours that runs a mowing business was going to buy bad boy machines but after the problems we have had he wrote letters to the regional rep and the reply was that I should contact the rep, however he won’t answer our calls. Needless to say my friend has purchased 2 exmarts instead.
    Retrodog has given me some things to try to correct the problem, I wish he was my dealer. We will try these when we can get some shop time on the machine. My next machine will be an exmart or John Deere. I don’t have the time or money to spend on new equipment to keep it running.:cry:

5. smithfabinc

smithfabinc LawnSite Member

Theres his side, my side and what really happened. The Invoice he posted looks nothing like the invoice that I have for the mower. Mine clearly states who I bought it from, and it WAS NOT his online store. Also, evryone that mows grass for a living has to mow from time to time when there is dew on the grass, but for everybody ealse that manufactures a mower, they dont seem to have a problem. Another false statement is that I drove by two other bad boy dealers to get to his shop..... false, look at a dealer search on bad boys website and look at where salisbury is in relation to other dealers. The only thing he said that was right was that I did....key word did, have 1 hustler super Z and a trimstar walk behind on craigslist. If he told the rest of the story, he would tell you that it also came with a 16ft trailer, and 30 customers to go with it. Yes, we did downsize, and the landscape group that bought the equipment and customers is happy. I kept our church contracts, and the customers that I wanted to keep doing work for. We did, at one time own a hustler Z diesel, and that was my reason for wanting another diesel. I like saving money on fuel. I believed the BS about that this was a better value, and I personally asked about the cut quality of this machine before I bought it, and was told it was great. I relied on the dealers advice when I told him what I was going to be using the mower for. Its no where near great, Wet or dry. Also, burnishing brake linings is done with the same brake lining material, not a grinder disk. ANSI standards doesnt appprove of a grinder being used to burnish brake drums or linings. Also, there was a failure to mention that we came to the dealership the week after we bought the mower, and the week after that, and the week after that to discuss problems with the machine, and all he wanted to do was make some phone calls. Also, we didnt spend 11g's to be a guinea pig and to have someone who clearly doesnt know anything about mowing nice lawns hack up our mower. And as far as the last time we went to the dealership, that was after we were put off another 4 days waiting on him to make a phone call. At that time, it was more than appropriate to ask for a refund, especially when you have the dealer AND the factory saying they dont know what to do to make it provide nicer cuts and discharge without clumping, and not to mention the mechanical problems. Its more than a loose wire, or something that just didnt get tight.
  6. smithfabinc

smithfabinc LawnSite Member

The factory bringing me another one isnt going to fix the problem that I relied on a dealers knowledge of the machine I was looking to purchase. I asked him about cut quality, how it discharges, and all the stuff thats important to leave a good job, and he told me a bunch of bs just to make the sale. Thats the problem. I have all the false info documented, and a paper trail a mile long on this whole deal. After giving them ample time to correct the problem, its time to go a different route. Of the 4 times we had it back to the dealership, they only worked on it 1 time, and that was for the park brake issue. When the factory tells me that I bought it from the dealer, and thats who I need to handle it through, thats what I will do. Its funny because the invoice he is posting IS NOT the invoice. I guess I need to post all three of our copies so you guys can see the real one.
  7. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

time to wrap this one up...some things that were posted need, and should, be discussed in a private setting and not here on the site

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.