My Experience with the FasTrac Suspension Springs

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Advance The Man, May 10, 2005.

1. Advance The Man

Advance The Man LawnSite Member

I purchased the springs for my FasTrac for around $60. They aren't springs at all, simply iron bars that elevate the seat about 4" and give it a little bounce. They look like I made them. They have unprofessional cut-outs that look like they were retrofitted for another product. Once installed you don't see them.

They don't pretend to be a true suspension seat like on the Super, which is extremely comfortable by the way. However, the more comfortable ride made me forget to slow down in some bumpy areas which caused an 'uneven' cut.

Overall I like it, but would have been willing to pay more for true springs. I feel Hustler should provide this $10 part (if that) and add the cost to the mower. I also would of wanted the opportunity to purchase the Super Z suspension seat.
  2. HustlerBob

HustlerBob LawnSite Member

I too purchased the "springs" and I was disappointed that the suspension seat didn't come standard. If the Fastrak came with the suspension seat, I would show that as one of the features to my neighbors. Hustler should realize the power of the residential shopper. Everyone knows that once a guy buys a new toy, all his neighbors come over and give it the ol' once over.
  3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You can install a suspension seat, MSRP is $475.00, so it is not a cheap option.
    The seat springs do what they were intended to do, add a spring type suspension for rougher ground @ a economical price.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will also add..... if we were to install full suspension seats (as used on the Super Z's) on the FasTrak's @ the factory the price would be out of reach for some customers.

5. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

You have to keep the price point of the FasTrak to please many owners. If you made all the extra's standard then the price would be $600.00-700.00 dollars and many homeowners would shy away from the product.

As far as the hat.... They are a standard feature with ever Hustler in our shop, as well as a T-shirt!

Welcome to the family and enjoy!