My experience with Wright Standers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gilatplc, Nov 14, 2007.

1. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

So after long and hard debating I have decided to demo a Wright stander RH 48" with 19hp Kaw. I whent to the dealer yesterday looking to setup a demo of this mower. Dealer didn’t have one (the one I wonted) so he called his rep informing him that he was looking for a stander RH for a customer to demo.

This afternoon I get a call from Wrights commercial representative looking to setting up a time and place where him and me can meet for the demo! I have never been called, asked or thought twice of by exmark when I was looking at them for new mowers. And this gentlemen know I’m solo, so dose the dealers who I RARELY!! Do business with!!

I'm impressed and floored by wrights commitment to product leadership and willingness to go out of there way just for a demo, just think of how they stand behind there product.

The demo is set up for the 28th of this month, I have some question for all of you
    1, I have a account that is complaining of "tracks" Left by my mower, I'm shedding almost 500 pounds from exmark to wright, will or should this cure the problem (will have pix tomorrow)
    2, Bahia weed grass, Triton doesn't really do that great of a job, doses anyone else have any experience in the south with wright standers and who they cut "weeds"

Thanks

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

How heavy is the stander?? what size tires are on it?

How heavy is the rider? what size tires are on it??

3. gilatplc

from FL

stander tire 18x8x10
    stander weight 750/790 depending on deck size 48/52

exmark tire 24x9.50x12
    exmark weight 1190

My weight is 240+ gas

My calculasion show a lose of about 500 pounds

4. John Gamba

from ct

Now all we need to know is 1,000 to 1050 going to be to heavy for the 18-8-10 tire size?

5. gilatplc

from FL

What about turf damage?? is that enough to stop "tracking" the lawns??

6. John Gamba

from ct

You need to stop Rutting. alot of the riders out there are to heavy. You need to demo the stander on the lawns you are rutting to see if it ruts too.

7. gilatplc

from FL

Ya that is kinda the idea, but John you understand I not talking about when I tune this in straight lines, you can tell where the mower was days after I was done. The lawn is dry (we are experiencing a drought down here) the property dose have irrigation (one of them) but I don't come till two days later??

They can be an eye sore.

Also I have figured out how to perfect the 3 point tune with a z mower so there no tuning ruts.

8. John Gamba

from ct

Can you post a pic? How high are you cutting?? This could also be the deck not lifting the grass where the caster wheels are. the sun will lift that grass a day or two later.

This could be a blade style change? lets hope.

9. gilatplc

from FL

Will post pix tomorrow, cutting St Augustan at 4" with high lift mulching blades.

Thanks John

10. John Gamba

from ct

Can you cut lower???