My favorite job this year

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by GreenMonster, Oct 20, 2006.

1. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Sometimes, it's some of the basic stuff that does the most for a place.

It was a pretty basic walkway, and we put in some mature plants to make this place look like the landscape wasn't new. Those are moonbeam junipers, newport plum, dense yews, endless summer's, red leaf sandcherry and wine & roses weigela

For some reason, I think this just came out real nice (and I'm never satisfied), and it ended up being one of my favorite end result installs of the year -- even if the homeowner did complain about us repairing the lawn that we damaged. :confused:

It's Techo Elena in Sandlewood

2. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

thats quite a difference and looks real good. did you use that bobcat for all the prep work and stuff. how well do those machines do?
  3. kaig

kaig LawnSite Member
    from Lee, NH

Looking real nice, like all of your work ;)

May I ask about the cost of materials, hardscape and plants?
  4. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Graet work as usual Mark, really enjoy when you post pics. Do you still find time for lawn maintenance & can ya still throw down some stripes? LOL!!
  5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

The excavation/installation was done with the T190 and/or the MT52. Both machines are decent, and I have complaints with both as well

The total installation cost was 7-8k. I don't remeber exactly.

Thanks. We do lawn maintenance, but I haven't been on a mower in months. Every once in a while, I'll jump on one and do my own lawn. Course, all I know how to do know is tear the turf, leave tall strips, and when I'm done, it looks like I chased a snake. :D
  6. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Great work as always mark... hows the weather holding up there for ya?? been real rainy down ready for snow or dont you plow??
  7. Ideal Lwns & Landscp

Ideal Lwns & Landscp LawnSite Member

I don't know if it's just me but the colors of mulch and materials make a job so much nicer sometimes..Awesome job!!!
  8. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

After seeing pictures of finished walkways with new plantings it makes me think i am loosing alot of money only doing hardscapes. I think i am going to invest alot of time this winter into learning about plants.

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

very nice install and design. i'll be in keen today for the pumpkin fest. see you there:waving:
  10. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Hey there my friend!
    That's a sweet looking walkway! Not bad for a rookie! We need to get together and chat about weekend activities....I'm really enjoying having all the wedding plans in the past. Now we just need to do all the darned thank you's...hopefully she does all that!!!:)
    Give me a ring when you actually have decent service on that junk cell phone you have!