My feet are @#!*killing me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oneshot, Jun 12, 2009.

1. oneshot

oneshot LawnSite Member

Somebody help me out. I've crushed two pair of work boots already this season. they were terra's. What is the best work boot out there. Both for comfort and durability.

right on.

2. mississippiturf

mississippiturf LawnSite Senior Member

Had a recent post on this subject a few weeks ago. Might do a search. Everyone has their favorite. I, personally, have not worn boots until lately. I bought a pair of Wolverines and really like them.

3. GOOSEHANSON

GOOSEHANSON LawnSite Member

I wear Georgia Romeo's and I am in them 14 hours plus a day and my feet are always in good shape...

4. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I wear the Lawn Grips Brutus and they are great and have a ton of support. I used to have feet problems but I don't anymore since I bought my lawn grips.

5. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

RED WING BOOTS & SHOES, and their high dollar moldable insole. While some may say their Wal-Mart or "China-men" made boots do just fine. My feet always get the best, if that means I walk out of the Red Wing boot store spending about $300.00 each time so be it. For me when my feet get tired or sore I AM DONE FOR THE DAY. happy feet equal high production for me.

6. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Wearing good feet protection is essential for not just right now, but later on in life. It will help you form having back trouble. I was wearing Caterpillars for a long time. They are plum wore out. Screw holding the soles and everything else, I am looking into getting a new pair very soon.

7. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I havn't seen anybody mention the foot cushions you can buy to put in there. They are WELL worth the money and help out tremendously, whether it be a new boot or old.

Now do it, go buy some.:walking:

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Good suggestions on here.

I would highly recommend Lawngrips - I have the mid rise boot with the steel toe.
    2nd year on them now, and I REALLY put them to the test - I exclusively walk 15 lawns a week - my rear doesn't see a seat. The boots have held up really well, I won't be buying any other brand.

9. ZTR_Diesel

ZTR_Diesel LawnSite Senior Member

Just FYI - most Cat branded boots are Wolverene's. Not bad, but a little more run of the mill than some.

I have historically liked and been treated well by Red Wings. Simply can't beat thier fit, quality of construction, and long-term durability. However - of late prices have risen dramatically. I really hope a product person from thier company reads this; what other product do you know of that in three years the identical boot has risen in price from $145/pair to $215/pair. Perhaps tires, but little else to my knowledge.

That said, I'm wearing a pair of Georgia Giant's with electrical shock protection & steel toes that I bought at Tractor Supply on clearance for $50. They are a bit heavy, otherwise - excellent boots. And they are two years old, walking mostly on concrete at my day job. I hope to go back to Red Wings someday but it's still hard to swallow that price. Make sure they fit you well and are exactly what you want before you leave to store with them.

10. S.I.

S.I. LawnSite Senior Member
    from west

Military leg boots and a good pair of insoles. They do take a good week or so to "break in" but once they are loosened up you can't beat them. I've had the same pair for 12 years, resoled twice, and wouldn't trade them for anything.